Chapter 5

As John was sent flying he began to panic a little- he would scream but he was to afraid to do so, as an attempt to stop himself from falling, he gathered the courage to pull out his weapon and caught himself on a tree. John stayed there for a couple minutes just to think about what to do next "Well staying here won't get me anywhere any time soon." he sighed, guess he was going to have to take express route down. He plunged the axe into the tree, once he was sure it was solidly in there, he stepped of the branch he was on and dangled himself off the weapon to make sure he was going somewhere he put his weight on the handle, causing the blade to glide down the tree's trunk until he was two or three meters from the ground, at that point his weight caused the blade to dislodge itself from the tree "AH BOLLOCKS!!" John yelled before he hit the ground. As he got up he noticed that Ruby and Ice Queen have just arrived; Well looks like he found his partners. "Well it looks like the three of us are stuck with each other for a while now eh?"

"Yay!" Ruby cheered, though Weiss groaned. She was now stuck with a Dolt and a chain smoking smart ass who has knowledge of the occult- great. Before she could dwell on her dilemma though, several Grimm came in coming; in response Weiss loaded fire dust into her weapon and aimed but missed her shot when Ruby anxiously rushed at the grim with her weapon and bumping Weiss in the process causing her shot to spark a small fire witch grew into a raging inferno. John froze at the sight of the fire, it was a sight all to familiar to him, it reminded him of his biggest mistake; it began to flash before his eyes.

"Astra." he whimpered

"John, Come on! We gotta get out of here!" Ruby shouted but it was no use, he was petrified, not wanting to leave him behind she grabbed him and used her semblance to get out of the area. It took a while but John snapped out of his trance although he was incoherently rambling about not being smart or strong enough strong enough to save "Her" this made Ruby and Weiss wonder who John was talking about. As the three continued their trek to the destination they needed to go to, Weiss and Ruby began to argue.

"What's the hurry?"

"I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow! I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your—" before Weiss could finish her sentence Ruby zoomed in front of her "What the...?"

"I'm not slow, see? You don't have to worry about me!"

"When did...?"

"Bloody 'ell looks like she's a speedster." John muttered

"Weiss, just because I don't exactly know how to deal with people doesn't mean I don't know how to deal with monsters! You're about to see a whole different side of me today, Weiss, and after it's all over, you're going to be like, "Wow! That Ruby girl is really, really cool... and I wanna be her friend!"" Ruby disappeared in a shower of rose petals, which Weiss waves away from her face just as she hears crackling and rustling in the bushes around her.

"You may be fast, but you still excel at wasting time!" Weiss cried out in an attempt to call out Ruby, though there is no response and all she heard was rustling branches "Ruby?" no response, the forest begins to darken with Red eyes begin to appear.

"Ah fuck me sideways!" John cried in frustration, as soon as he cried that several Beowolves come charging at them full force "OH SHIT!" one of the Beowolves swung at Weiss, luckily she was able to deflect the attack but then another Beowolf tried to attack Weiss but was stopped when John lodged his axe in the Grimm's throat and then viciously ripping it out and in the process decapitating the grimm. Another Beowolf charged at him and when he swund his weapon snapped "Shit, looks like I'm going to have to use spells." he dodged a swing from a Beowolf and began to chant spells "Tnuref sengi inrefni!" John shouted, flames sparked in his palms and he began throwing fireballs, he was able to kill good couple grimm before Ruby bumped into him causing him to miss and hit a tree. This caused a forest fire, when the flames grew, several roots and vines burst from the ground and began to form a humanoid form, John knew what this meant and did like what might happen next.

"JOHN CONSTANTINE!" the plant humanoid shouted in anger