Chapter 6

John gave a quick glance at the creature before knowing not what it is but who it is, "Swamp Thing, never thought I-" John was quickly interrupted when Swamp Thing grabbed him by the neck and lifted him up into the air.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME IN A CASUAL MANNER IN AN ATTEMPT TO DRAW ATTENTION AWAY FROM THE DAMAGE YOU HAVE CAUSED, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT HOW MUCH DANGER THE GREEN IS IN?!" Swamp Thing shouted as he tightened his grip, causing Constantine to begin to choke "I should kill you now before you cause anymore damage to the green!" large sharp cactus needles began to form on Swamp Thing's hand and began to inch closer and closer to John. He began to panic, what was he going to do? He can't chant any spells because of Swamp Things grip on his throat, nor could he try to squirm and break out of Swamp Thing's hold; suddenly a large pillar of ice appeared and tore Swamp Thing's arm off, john looked to see it was Weiss who saved him from being strangled and turned into a pin cushion. In anger Swamp thing created a club and swung it at Weiss, Weiss was barely able to dodge it, Swamp Thing kept swinging at Weiss and John before Ruby rushed in between Weiss and Swamp Thing. "Get out of the way child." Swamp Thing ordered

"No, I won't let you."

"And why's that?"

"Because John's not the one responsible."

"Oh, than who did?" Swamp thing asked, Ruby gladly answered by pointing at the Beowolves "Ah, I see now." Swamp Thing paced the wooden club where his severed arm was and turned it into an arm, he then proceeded to attack the Grimm with his vines "FOUL BEASTS, HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE GREEN!?" Swamp Thing shouted as he proceeded to attack the Grimm. While he was able to take out a good few of them, Swamp Thing soon became overwhelmed by the Grimm, seeing this Ruby and John rushed to his aid, John began make incantations to summon familiars and demons to slaughter the Grimm while Ruby fired several rounds at them, Weiss soon joined in using Glyphs; but as they fought the Grimm though, the heat from the fire began to rise causing all of them to get exhausted couple that with the seemingly endless Grimm and it was a lose lose scenario.

"Damn there's too many of them, and with the growing fire, we'll need to get the Hell out of here." John shouted, several large tree branches begin to fall, adding more fuel to the inferno, Swamp Thing began to shield John, Weiss and Ruby from the falling branches, causing.

"What are you doing?"

"Shielding you."

"Stop it, you're going to catch on fire!"

"I'm sorry John, but I'm expendable; you three on the other hand aren't."

In the split of a second, Ruby grabbed John, and Weiss and zoomed them off to safety before grabbing Swamp Thing and bringing him to safety. After getting Everyone to safety, Swamp Thing thanked Ruby before sinking into the ground, Weiss began to wonder what the hell just happened; she had so many questions now two noteworthy ones were who was John Constatine really and what madness follows him?

Later

John, Ruby and Weiss were on their way to where the artifacts were; while they walked, Weiss decided to asking John questions "Who are you?"

"My name's John Constantine, rhymes with fine." John answered smugly, but Weiss ignored it and asked more questions

"What was that plant thing from earlier?"

"For starters, the "thing" is or was a person and his name is Swamp Thing."

"What do you mean by "Was" Constantine?"

"Before he was known as Swamp Thing, believe it or not, he used to be a human like you and I, named Alac Holland."

"What happened to him then, that caused him to turn him into what he is?" Ruby asked