Ran || Tomatoredd

LilolFleur's third and last request!

Some information:

-Tomatoredd is a fusion of the four characters in Eddsworld, if you aren't familiar with that.

-This was written when I was really pissed off so this may not be that good

-Enjoy

...

You groaned, covering your ears tightly. Being a part of this army was already stressful, and now you have to put up with THIS?

Despite your desperate tries, his cries could still be heard. You pursed your lip at the horrific sound that your prisoner let out. You wanted to set the poor guy free, but Tord would kill you if you did. You glanced at the person, taking in their explosion of colors.

"Please let me out!" The person, prisoner 'Tomatoredd' pleaded. You simply shook your head in response. "Just let me go." they spoke out once more, now on their knees. You touched the bars, letting yourself fully see the cell he was locked in.

It was horrible, such a small space with so many writings in the wall. The color seemed to look like blood, and the bed was more or less surrounded with bugs. You shivered in disgust at the sight.

"(your name)?" Paul's voice called out. You jumped in surprise, quickly letting go of the bars. "Yes?" you replied nervously. "Do you need help in there? You seem...hm...quiet." Paul narrowed his eyes. "Oh, it's nothing. I just went back to make sure if all was good here. Y-yeah.." you rubbed your neck awkwardly.

"Well, okay then. Tord's expecting you in his office by 8, thought I'd remind you."

"Sure...I'll be right there." you replied, pulling on a fake smile. Paul nodded, finally walking away. Suddenly, Tomatoredd pulls on your arm roughly. "Please! Listen to me! He-He's gonna kill me! They're gonna kill me." he stuttered, with those pleading and sad eyes.

You looked around the place.

There was this small window, but it seemed to fit your bodies. You hummed in thought. That window could send you outside the base, since this was from behind the headquarters. You and Tomatoredd could run from there.

Stopping in your tracks, you pondered why you were planning on escaping with the guy. Was life in this place really THAT bad?

You were ripped away from your family, sure...but they provided you food....they almost always looked and tasted disgusting, but it was still food.

And what about clothing? Tord made sure to give you some clothes to feel warm in, especially in the winter. Of course, they were made of thin fabric, but it was better than nothing.

Right. Life here had always been hell.

But the last thing you would want is Tord killing you. You grew up replaying what happened to your family when they resisted. You didn't want that for yourself. You had the keys in your hands, both seeming as if they were wanting you to force it to the lock. You gulped. There was a slim chance you two would make it out there alive, since Tord has a lot of members in his army.

It was worth a shot, you thought. If you won't make it out alive, at least you could say you tried. You went away to walk back, checking if there are any people spying on you. Once you made sure there was none, you walked back to see a crying Tomatoredd. You barely knew this guy, but you felt so bad.

"Psst."

Tomatoredd looked up at you, his eyes watery and hopeless. "Get up. Be quiet. We're gonna get out of here." you stated sternly. "R-really?" his eyes brightened up. "Yes now shh." you twisted open the lock, making sure not to make a single bit of squeaking.

The moment he got outside, you quickly locked back the cell, to make it look like you didn't break out. Well, not unless they look.

You quickly took a wooden chair and held it against the wall. Tomatoredd was the first one to climb up. He successfully got outside, but as for you, you were just getting ready to climb up. But then, you heard a gasp.

It was Patryk.

He grunted and ran away, possibly to call and warn the others. You panicked and decided to climb faster. You jumped down, not caring if you were bruised. You grasped Tomatoredd's hand tightly and went to run as quick as you could.

You could hear some members yelling and running after you two. Luckily, you knew a secret place where you could hide.

You ran straight, but then turned a short left. You saw a huge tree, in which it's lower parts were covered with bushes. "There!" you pointed. You led him there quietly and told him to duck and cover himself.

You covered yourself as well, your breathing becoming more and more sharper and wary.

After a couple of minutes, you were sure they were gone. You stood up, only to see Tord there, with a disappointed look in his face. He let out a small 'tch' then proceeded to shoot you.

You couldn't feel the pain. Your body was numb. Ringing was repeating in your head. Tomatoredd's horrified face was all that stood out from all of this.

"Run." you managed to mouth. His tears were running down his cheeks, but nodded anyways. He ran. He ran as fast as he could.

This was what you wanted. You wanted him to live. No matter how heartbreaking it was, he had to leave you.

He ran.

...

that was depressing.