I trust you || Edd

Requested by: RainShadowUT

Edd x guardian angel! reader

Age: 14

Warning: Brutal sickness reference in this. If you are still sensitive with what happened, please skip.

...

"Are you ready?" The assistant angel asked you calmly. You breathed in then out then put on a goofy grin. "Ready than ever, miss!" 

The assistant chuckled at your attitude, then started reading notes inside of a white folder. There was a picture of a brunette boy smiling with his cat. You couldn't help but smile at how adorable the boy was.

"Edd Gould, Age 14, currently in the hospital, has a pet cat." 

"Well, he's pretty simple! But why is he in the hospital?" You asked, titling your head. "Well, you will find out. What's the point of watching over him if you won't get to know him more?" The assistant smiled. 

"I suppose you have a point there." 

"Well go on now," The lady ushered. "Whenever you need help, just press that tiny button beside your (favorite color) bag." Then she disappeared.

You were suddenly teleported to this hospital. The sight was incredibly horrific. There were doctors everywhere. Nurses running to his aid. Countless of dextrose were over the place. Gasping, you grasped your own hand, feeling bad for the boy.

"Are you feeling alright?" One doctor asked while rubbing the brunette's hot forehead. "I feel a bit weak but--"

"Does the injections hurt?" The nurse cut him off

"Very much, it hurts very much. But--"

"Is there anything we can do? Like give you stress balls? Anything to watch?" Another nurse cut off.

The brunette shed a tear, not replying anything to the nurse. He passed out but whispered a gentle plea. 

"But where are my friends?"

With those simple words, your heart felt weak. You surprisingly felt like you were him. Frowning, you tried blocking off the doctors and nurses coming to his aid. 

You tried, and tried and tried

But they wouldn't budge. They made you feel angry, so afraid and so...confused.

"GO AWAY!" You yelled. The people suddenly froze in their spot, feeling a huge vibe of tingles wave through their veins. 

They started going out one by one, as you regained your voice and breath. 

Kneeling beside the brunette, you fell asleep on his bed.

...

"Who are you?"

You shot up at the sudden voice. "Wha--"

You were caught off guard when you noticed his green eyes staring through yours. "Wait---you can see me?" You waved your hand. "Well of course I can! But what amazes me most is why you have a halo and those pretty wings." He grinned despite his risky state.

"Can I touch them?" the brunette gave those puppy eyes. You smiled and said, "Sure!" You felt his soft hands brush through your wings, but you were still curious with how he can see you. But at least he could, so you have company. 

"So miss, what's your name? And why do you have those?" The brunette asked. "Well, I'm (first name) but you can call me (nickname) for short!" You replied enthusiastically, making the boy chuckle. "And---I'm a guardian angel of yours." 

"What? Am I going to die?" Edd spoke weakly but in a panicked tone. "N-No..of course you're not! I'm here to guide you to stay alive! I'm here to make you strong in the real way!" You ruffled his hair in a goofy way.

"Oh. Okay then. I trust you. Anyways, can you tell me more about yourself?" 

And with that offer, you two started to get along, sharing some backstories and jokes here and there. Mostly puns, you get the point. 

It was all going fine until Edd started coughing violently, which started concerning you. He let out a small whisper, barely audible but you could still hear it with how quiet the room was. "Help me."

You notice his heart rate slowing down and his eyes flicking close longer than expected. You tried pushing the emergency call button beside his bed but your fingers went past it. Feeling tears irritatingly going down your cheeks, you forced your hand unto the button so many times, but it wouldn't work.

It just wouldn't.

"Y-You're going to be fine, Edd. Trust me, okay? You're not going to die." You grabbed Edd's hand then started to push the button with his finger. 

Moments later, nurses came to the room. There were strange tools in their hands, but you kept repeating he's going to be fine.

He is going to be fine

He's going to be fine

He's--

Before you could continue, darkness swirled around you with nothing seen but Edd with his friends. They were all having a fun time, laughing, eating ice creams, making videos. It made you wanted to cry

Because you failed him.

You told him he would be fine, that he would stay alive.

So many thoughts went through your head that you couldn't handle it anymore. You sat down in an old bench, sighing and crying your way out. 

You barely knew this guy, but you loved him so much that you would do anything just to make him happy. Even if it means never seeing him again.

Suddenly, a cold hand made contact with your shoulder. Shuddering, you turned back seeing the brunette himself, smiling. 

"Hey (your name)!" He said, noticing your tears. He wiped them off with his thumb, letting out a soft tut. "There's no use in crying, y'know."

"But---I wanted you to live! You were in pain, Edd. I wanted to save you."

He took hold of your hand then squeezed it tightly. "Remember what I told you earlier in the hospital? That I trust you?" Nodding, you lowered your head in shame. 

"Well, I trust you enough to die peacefully. Because then, I'll have a friend like you. We both will then get to watch over children and have fun. We'll save them too. I trust you enough to say that I am madly and deeply in love with you."

You brought your head up a bit, seeing the visible blush on the boy's face. "And I trust you enough to let go of this world. Please, find me." He let go of your hand, leaving you in the darkness alone with that horrifying beeping sound.

You lost him.

But you also found him.

You failed your mission.

But you succeeded in making a friend.

He let go of this world,

but he trusted you.

...

geez this felt rushed.