If only || Matt

sslutville's request! 

Prompt: Fluff

...

It was a usual day in school. You swayed your feet back and forth, waiting silently for the teacher. You weren't the one to suddenly laugh loudly when everyone else is calmly sitting down. You were an introvert---in a way. Though you did have friends, Edd, Tom and Matt. 

You four weren't such mischievous as you looked, in fact, you were all artists. One glimpse in their bags and you would see stack piles of sketch pads and pencils. Though no one seemed to mind that at all.

The teacher finally came in, and you all stood up. "Good morning sir Stewart!" You all greeted him. "Good morning, children. Sorry to keep you waiting, please, have a seat."

"Thank you, sir." You all sat down, some creaking to be heard here and there. "So, for English class, we're doing an activity!" 

People groaned out loud, rolling their eyes. "Now, now. The activity's suuuuper easy! I want you to prepare a short and simple poem dedicated for someone you feel close to. Either your mom, your friends, your crush perhaps?? Up to you. Get creative!" He smiled.

You glanced at Matt who suddenly brightened up at the idea. "Matt?" 

He suddenly jumped, heat rising to his cheeks. "Y-Yeah?"

"I thought you hated making poetry??" You asked, getting curious. "Oh um...it's uh-"

"Get to work, you two!" Mr. Stewart spoke out to the two children chatting. You sat up straight and decided to make a poem for your ginger friend. Er...well at least that's what he always thought of the two of you.

You've always had a crush on the boy, but were too afraid to confess. Cliche, of course, but you cannot help it.

"Feelings"

I have these feelings I cannot confess

to someone who is like you

even when I wear a pretty dress,

you still wouldn't like me too.

I'm sorry if I quickly assume,

I'm sorry if I seem like a bother

But your smile simply lights up a room

Yet all you think of yourself is my brother.

I love you, please accept those simple words

I can't bear making pinky promises just to stay friends

I can't bear to act like I'm not hurt

When friendship is the only message you want to send.

Now I make this poem for me to get these feelings to you

I hope you don't get mad, I hope you don't walk out

And still stay friends with me through and through."

You smiled at your poem. You really did put all your heart out in this poem. You looked slightly to your left, catching Matt staring at you. He quickly turned away, murmuring something. You let out a soft chuckle, adoring his cute features.

He had his tongue stuck out in a focused manner, his hands aggressively moving. 'I guess he's really determined on making that poem'

"Okay children, time's up!" 

Matt took a deep breath, clasping his poem tightly. "I made it on time!" He exclaimed. "Well, I'm proud!" You smiled. Edd coughed. "We're still right here you know, (your name)."

You laughed. "Sorry guys. I hope you get called out there and completely shit your pants!" Tom stuck his tongue out at you. "Screw you, man."

You continued laughing, not realizing Matt was called up front. "Oh God," he whispered to you, nervously standing up. 

"This poem is entitled, if only you knew." Matt softly spoke out, fixating his eyes onto yours. 

"If only you knew, how pretty you were

You keep shoving it off, like it's not a fact

To me, everything becomes a blur

Especially when we interact.

If only you knew, there were meanings behind my words

A simple 'hello' meant I'm desperately needing you

Your voice just seem as soft as a bird's

If only you knew that, too.

As I'm reading this, I'm looking at you, I hope you don't mind.

Cause even though I like you, don't think about ever leaving my side.

Because even if the world will go against you,

I'll fight for you, with my whole heart

but you don't know that too."

People were taken aback with his words, as Matt stood awkwardly there at the front. You finally realized, he was staring at you the whole time he read out his poem. Did that mean he liked you?

"So, Matt, who's that for?" Mr. Stewart asked, a smirk adorned on his face. "Uh..." he glanced at you. The others turned around, facing you as well. 

"This was for (your name). I...like her---in a way. Uh-"

Then the squealing happened, cutting off Matt. "Oh my god," Edd jumped up in joy. "How the bloody hell does Matt easily get girls while I literally have no girlfriend?" Tom sighed, but still seemed happy for his friend.

You could only smile at his silly look.

You stood up, a soft smile shown in your face. You shoved your poem in his hands gently. "If only you knew, I also love you too."