▪ 12. Murder Mystery ▪

I walked the corridor of my floor to reach my house, which was the last one towards the left. I saw a tiny figure standing there looking down. I slowly moved closer without making a sound.

Chashmish.

I stood there leaning against the pillar with my hands in my pocket and  a bright smile on my face.

She was so busy thinking whether to ring the bell or not that she didn't noticed me standing there. She took her hand near to the door bell and then again dropped it in defeat.

She is so adorable.

She again looked down playing with the hem of her shirt. Time to time she adjusted her glasses on her tiny cute little nose making me smile more at her cute antics.

Angel😇-You are so madly in love with this cutie, Manik!

Devil😈-Oh god! He is whipped.

I tiptoed towards her and whispered close to her ear, "Door tabhi khulega jab tum bell bajaogi." She jumped away, scared.

Uh-oh! I scared her.

She rested her one hand on her chest calming her breath.

"Chashmish breathe." I said holding her arms.

After a moment her breathing turned steady.

"okay?" I asked and she just nodded in response.

"What are you doing here?"  She asked me in surprise.

Excuse me! This is my house and your would be sasural. We'll make a happening family.

Devil😈- Mujhe diabetes hojayegi! Ewwww.

Angel😇- Awwwwwww

That sounds so good.

Yes, Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra.

Angel😇- Awwwwwww

Devil😈- Yeh kin pagalo ke beech phass gaya.

Oh god! I can't believe!

I tried to control my emotions before they got out of control.

"Last time I checked this is my house." I said raising one eyebrow in confusion.

"I know, I mean what are you doing outside?" she questioned.

"Umm...I was out for some work and you?"

"I actually wanted to ask about Mukti. Yesterday I saw her crying and coming here, it was pretty late so I thought I'll meet her in the morning. Is she fine?"

"Ya she is! Wanna meet her?"

"Yup." she said giving a million dollar smile.

Atleast she doesn't hesitates to talk to me now.

As we entered the house I heard noises coming from my room.

I glanced at chashmish and gulped.

Thief!

There is a thief in my house.

"Tum yahi raho! Agar main laut ke nahi aaya toh andar aana matt. Bahar bhag jana aur fridge se mera khana leke bhagna warna cabir aake kha lega. It was lovely meeting you. Agle janam meh zaroor tum hi meri badosan banogi." I said to chashmish who nodded in fear.

I was about to leave but ek kiss toh banti hai. Pata chala meri last ho aur meh puri zindagi regret karu.

I ran towards her and kissed her cheek.

"Take care." I whispered and left.

Angel😇- Awwwww

Devil😈- Phir se agle janam meh isse patane meh time waste hoga. Shiii.

I took the nearby vase and barged into my room.

"POLICE NE TUMHE CHALO OAR SE GHER LIYA HAI! SABKE HAATH UPAR!" I yelled.

I dropped the vase on seeing fab 4. They glanced at me and then returned back to what they were doing.

I straightened my shirt and kept the vase aside.

"Shhh!" Mukti hissed.

Kamal hai izzat hi nahi hai meri.

They were all settled around my broken bed as if inspecting a crime scene. Mukti was too lost thinking something while our cabir had one eyebrow raised and his finger rubbing his chin indicating he was in deep thinking.

Dhruv and alya were also busy starting at them silently.

What the hell is wrong with these idiots!

I looked at nandini who was already staring at me in confusion as of asking 'what is wrong?'

Pata nahi in sabke khurafati dimaag meh kya chal raha hai?

God ji save me warna pata chala in logone chashmish ke samne mere izzat ka faloda kar diya aur meri love stry chalo hone se pehele hi khatam ho gayi!

Devil😈- Izzat hai jo faloda karenge? Kamal karte ho Malhotra ji. Lol.

"Hey guys tum sab yaha?" I said awkwardly.

"Manik! Let us concentrate. Humhe gumraha karne ki koshi bhi mat karna." cabir said looking at me suspiciously.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys." I shouted this time.

"Kya hua hoga?" dhruv said shifting his gaze from me to the bed.

"I think bhai slip hoke gir gaye honge. " mukti spoke.

"No, no isne khud hi jan puch kar toda hoga. It must have been so fun na, manik why didn't you call me?" Alya whined and I wanted to hang myself on the ceiling.

"Aisa-" I was about to justify myself when cabir interrupted.

"No, no, no....main batata hu kya hua hoga!"

No yaar! Cabir ki theories are always scary.

"Dekho yaha ek ladki ko -"

"Cabir just shut up!" I said annoyed.

Someday these idiots will drive me crazy.

"Let me finish." cabir said showing me his hand to keep quiet.

Everyone went silent. Pin drop silence prevailed in the room.

This feeling was as if we were watching CID and the murderer was to be revealed.

The camera zoomed at each and every face involved in the case and then the murderer is revealed.

I giggled at my thought and then directed my attention at cabir who was taking too long to speak.

"Yaha murder hua tha." he spoke and gave me that victorious smirk as if he caught the culprit red handed and not able to take the shock I fainted.

*****

Do vote and comment!

#phirmiltehai ❤❤