▪ 30. With love, from Bhai. ▪

I was so lost in my own thoughts about Sanaya that I didn't notice Mukti enter the room.

My trance was broken when she came and sat besides me and placed her head on my lap.

I saw her eyes closed. I placed a feature kiss on her forehead moving my hand through her hair lovingly.

"Kya hua mere bacche ko?" I asked and she opened a eye gave me a quick glance before turning her head other side.

"Main aapse baat nahi kar rahi!" She said with a cute pout.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

Maine kya kiya abhi?

"Kyun, bhai ne kya kiya?" I asked lovingly. I cannot live a day without talking to her, pampering her or listening to her never ending talks.

"Sab ne mujhe birthday par gift diye apne kuch nhi diya!" She exclaimed sadly.

"Areee, baccha apne apna cupboard dekha ?" I questioned her. Her eyes lit up with excitement and she jumped out of the bed and ran towards her cupboard. Her eyes furrowed in confusion when she saw an envelope.

She looked at me and I blinked at her in assurance before walking out of the room.

******

Mukti's pov.

"Yeh kya hai?" I muttered to myself. I then looked at bhai in confusion.

"Bhai yeh-" He just blinked in assurance and left.

He left. Ab main iska kya karu. Bhai ke gifts bhi unke hi tarah hote hai. 'Confusing'

I ripped open it to find a letter with some pictures.

Mera baccha,
                       I know you must be thinking bhai ne yeh kya deh diya? Bhai kitne confusing hai blah blah blah.
           Trust me. Main jab sochne behetha ki meh kya du tumhe I couldn't think a single thing. I mean you have everything! What can I gift you?
Toh tumhare boring se bhai ne socha to gift you his most precious possesion. 'My memories with you'.
      I still remember the day you walked in my life like an angel to show what happiness is to a lost person like Me. And that day was my 7th birthday and I can't thank god enough to send you to me.
You clearly know my past ,my nightmares ,the things that haunt me till date in short you know everything about me except the thing ,that I have stored with me. That I want to cherish for the rest of my life  "Your memories".

Remember this, when I used to go school and you used to miss me like hell and you cried for hours

Remember this, when I used to go school and you used to miss me like hell and you cried for hours. Seeing you cry I would also start crying and then the whole Malhotra mansion would turn upside down giving dad nothing but a headache. You would always came with dad to pick me up. That day as soon as you saw me coming out you  literally ran to me and pounced on me. Blabbering non stop about how much you missed me, showering me with kisses.