April 22

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved,

wanna be loved,

wanna be loved.

This feels like falling in love,

falling in love,

falling in love." Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

Dear Luke,                          April 22, 2014

I'm about to tell you. Why you crashed, why I'm sad, and why I can't wear short sleeves half the time. I want to tell you I love you. More than anything in the world. If you can't accept this... You can't leave me again, Luke.

Wish me luck.

-Ashton

"Luke, I have to tell you something." Ashton said, looking at the front door. Anything to look away from those curious blue eyes that seemed to captivate the older boy.

"Sure, what is it?" Luke paused his video game and faced Ashton. He wanted Ashton to look at him, but he was trained on the white door.

"The other day, you asked me why you were in an accident. Do you still want to know?" Ashton secretly hoped that he didn't care. He just wanted Luke to hold him.

"Of course."

Ashton finally found Luke's deep blue eyes and wished he could just get lost in them and swim away in the blue. "I told you it was because of me."

"Is it not?" Luke asked.

"No, it is. It's my fault. But I think I should show you why, instead of explaining." Luke nodded and watched Ashton pull up the sleeves on his grey sweatshirt. His curiosity grew with each bracelet being slipped off, but his heart sunk further and further. He knew what was happening and he couldn't accept it.

All of the bracelets were gone now and Luke felt like his stomach hit the floor. Why would Ashton ever do that? He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that someone as beautiful as him would ever do that. But this still didn't explain why he was an accident.

Ashton couldn't stop the tears that slipped down his cheeks. Luke hasn't said a word since he took off his bracelets. He just held his right wrist, staring. It made Ashton uncomfortable, but Luke needed to see this. "Do you hate me?" Ashton croaked.

Luke shook his head in disbelief and dropped Ashton's wrist. He touched Ashton's cheeks and wiped away the tears. "I could never hate you Ashton. No matter what you did."

Ashton savored the feeling of Luke's touch and wanted to melt away. "I'm sorry, Luke."

Luke lifted Ashton and sat him on his lap. He wrapped his arms around him and kissed his cheek. "You don't need to be sorry." Luke peppered Ashton's face with kisses - his nose, his cheeks, his forehead, and finally his lips. They tasted salty with tears.

****

Something had been ignited within Luke. He thought it felt like cold fire. He was curious and something about the way their lips moving together had him practically hysterical.

"L-Luke?..."

Ashton broke the kiss, partly because he was out of breath, partly out of shock.

"Shh, Ash,"Luke soothed, rubbing his cheekbone gingerly.

He leaned in again, connecting their lips in a heavy kiss, everything Luke had been feeling being expressed though his intense lip lock with Ashton.