Chapter 9+10=21: Seeds of doubt

Olive's POV

I see Enoch sitting alone in what we all call the 'common room' of the ship. The place where we all kinda just sit and talk. Only he's alone. No Y/N in sight. Good. This'll work even better without the bitch here voicing her opinion on the seeds of doubt I'm about to plant in Enoch's mind.

I'm so smart to come up with this plan. All I have to do now is get Enoch to believe me and then BOOOOOOOM! He's mine. Then Millard can do whatever it is he expects to do with Y/N. Problem solved. My life is complete.

"Enoooooooooooooooooch! Darling!" I say, dragging out his name in a patronizing voice that I know he hates.

"Hi Olive." He says in an exasperated tone, clearly annoyed by my presence. His accent a beautiful growl in my ears. I could listen to him all day, even if he was repeatedly telling me to piss off.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, walking in small, gliding circles around him, just to keep him guessing on what I'm gonna do next. Or maybe to prove I'm edgy, ready to toe the line at any given time.

"I'm sitting. Can't you see that?"

"No darling. Not what are you doing physically. What are you doing..." I pause for dramatic tension. "With Y/N?"

He smirks at me. "Yeah? What am I doing with Y/N?"

"Don't play dumb with me. I know it. Everyone knows it. Smoochy-smoochy."

He looks a little lost for words, no comeback firing out of his sarcastic, frowning, gorgeous mouth. I take his silence as an opportunity. An opportunity to ruin their delicate relationship, of pretty stars and disgusting kisses.

"You're dating a shape shifter. And do you know what shape shifters do best?" I run my fingers across his face. He flinches back as if I were a live flame. And maybe I am. I'm totally hot and beautiful enough to be.

"Breathe like every other living thing?" He says, looking me defiantly, his brown eyes looking defensive.

"No. Try again."

"Poop?"

"Nope. Think more simply. More obviously." I spit through clenched teeth. I'm pissed that he's not taking me seriously and giving me dumb, sarcastic answers. Like I'm a joke. But I can assure him, I am nothing to joke with. You shouldn't play with fire.

"More obviously..." He says, thinking. "If apparently shape shifters don't breathe or poop, they must... Oooh, I've got it! They must drink water. Because it's important to stay hydrated!" He lifts an eyebrow, amused by the little frenzy I have worked myself into by his incompetence to say the right bloody answer!

"Even more obvious than that! It's in their name, shape shifter. Shape shifter. What do shape shifters do?"

"Just tell me if you want me to so desperately know." He is clearly starting to get sick of my little guessing game.

"Come on. Shape shifter. What do they do?" I say, not giving up, holding onto a shred of hope that he will come through with the obvious answer.

"Fine." He sighs. "They shape shift."

I smile, evilly. "No, they don't. They deceive."

"I thought you said the answer was obvious."

"Isn't it? Shape shifters shape shift. They can be whoever they want to be. They can transform into a boy, girl, animal, shim, it, man, lady, president, Kardashian, wight, hollow, monster or anything!  Anything it wants. A shape shifter can wear a thousand faces. But only one is its own."

"What's your point?" Enoch asks, sounding intrigued.

"I'm glad you asked." I tell him. "Guess what? News flash, you're dating a shape shifter. Have you ever wondered why she always looks so perfect? No blemishes on her, no imperfections. She is just perfect in every way possible, but is that Y/N's real face? Did you ever think that might me a mask? A façade? Hiding who she really is by using the skin of a 17-year-old girl?"

"What? Are you accusing Y/N of lying to me?"

"No, Enoch. I'm accusing Y/N of lying to everyone."

He looks at me, shocked. "Get ahold of yourself, Olive. She didn't lie about anything! That is what she looks like naturally, she isn't wearing someone else's face!"

"That's not what the Enoch that first met her said. That Enoch actually accused her of lying. And how would you even know that's her actual face? I doubt that came up in a conversation. I doubt you even asked her! If Y/N even is a her. It's probably a wight. Or a man. A gay man hiding in a woman's skin, taking advantage of you, Enoch! We've probably been travelling with a wight all along, who has been learning all our secrets and giving them to Barron!"

"ENOUGH!" Enoch hollers. I look at him, sitting in his chair, his legs crossed under him, his head braced between his hands. He looks like he is trying to crush his skull. Good. The seeds of doubt have implanted into his brain. He'll be running to me soon.

"Look, if you ever need to talk." I say softly, reassuringly, lover-like to him. "I'll always be around to chat."

I walk out of the room, smiling like an idiot.

My plan is working. Goodbye Y/N. Enoch won't miss you.

And I most definitely won't.

____________________________________________________________

Well. That was... something. I wonder if Olive is right, maybe you are hiding something?  Maybe you don't wear your real face and have lied to everyone.  MAYBE YOU'RE A GAY MAN!

We'll see.

Oh, did anyone pick up on the Dan and Phil reference snuck in there from PINOF 8? I just had to ask! And the title? Did you see it? The Chapter 9+10=21? CHAPTER 21? And the Kardashian reference? Maybe you're a Kardashian? The very FIRST Kardashian? Huh, you wish jelly-fish!

Wow I am such referance trash. If that's a thing. IT IS NOW!

Okay, I'll stop.

Anyway, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

~Tamika