Chapter 34: Raising the dead

"Enoch, Y/N, NOW!" Jake screams through the loop entrance at us.

I look at Enoch and take note of his features. Looking at him just doesn't get old. I think as I shape shift into him.

Enoch opens a large bag, revealing jars and jars of animal hearts. I look around at the skeletons sitting in the ballroom. I hope there will be enough hearts for all of them.

We need all the skeletons we can get. All the soldiers we can get. Soldiers fighting for our side, as our army consists of a bunch of innocent children. Innocent children that are fighting an age-old war passed down from centuries of ancestors, onto their delicate shoulders. This war depends on us. Our world depends on us. We have to win, or we'll join the dinosaurs.

I grab the first jar and remove the lid. A heart pulses inside, waiting to bring life. I reach my hand in the jar and wrap my fingers lightly around the organ, careful not to crush the life from it. Shape shifted as Enoch, I put the heart in the empty chest of the nearest skeleton to me. Using his peculiarity, the skeleton comes to life, jumping out of its chair. I whisper to it what I want it to do. The skeleton listens without ever hearing, as skeletons don't have ears, and then it runs off to fulfill my instructions.

I grab another heart and repeat the process over and over, again and again. I keep reaching for another jar, always searching for another heart. I stick my hand inside the bag to pull out another jar, only to realise that no skeletons remained. I run over to Enoch who just sent the last skeleton out of the ship and through the loop. I wrap my arms around him and he hugs me back.

We have raised an army.

We have raised the dead.

____________________________________________________________

DAYUUUM! Looks like Jake's not too bad at making plans after all...

Apologies for not writing for, like, two-ish weeks, you guys probably thought I was dead. School holidays started and I got busy, I can't help it, I'M SORRY OKAY PEOPLE WOW CALM DOWN!

Yeah, anyway, soz.

I'll go write another six chapters now to make up for me not writing, okay?

Feel better now?

Anyway, byeeeeeeeee!

~Tamika