The birthday Girl

"Happy birthday !!! " everyone said it loud in unison, waking up piya.Rubbing the sleep from her eyes she sat up and smiled. Her parents, sister ,uncle and aunt along with her cousin brother were all standing there near her bed. They wished her again in unison, and piya thanked them. "Here," her cousin brother gave her the eyeglasses from bedside table. She wore them, thanking him. "Anything for the birthday girl, " he smiled, fluttering his hand in her curly hair.

"Ah, don't do this. You know I hate it" she grumble. He just smiled widely. Her mother came to her and kissed on both her cheeks. "Mom, Not you too." piya rumbled, rubbing her cheeks. Her mother ignored her complain and observe the bandage on her forehead with worried face.

"I'm fine, Mom " Piya said immediately, hugging her. She tried to distract her but failed.

"Why hadn't you told us, Nick?  " asked her uncle to her cousin brother.

"It wasn't anything serious, dad." He replied calmly, "She had slipped on the bathroom floor. Her forehead had hit the wall, as a result she has gotten a minor injury. We took her to the doctor. She is fine, Don't worry." He knew what to say, and he said it effortlessly. Same thing he had said to them last night.

"Still, if she was that much hurt, You should have woken us up." Aunt Jena scolded him.

"I wanted to but Alina didn't let me." Nick put the blame on her cousin sister. Why he should be blamed  when he actually had played no role in this mess.

Piya sat there in silence as all eyes turned at alina. She looked at her with pleading face, but piya wasn't in mood to help her anymore. Alina was responsible for this mess, and she should take care of it by herself.

Seeing no help was coming for her, alina spoke up  "C'mon, don't ruin her special day with all this. We told you everything last night. Let's not repeat it again. It's her birthday after all. " she said with fake enthusiasm. Piya felt like laughing seeing alina' failed attempt to divert everyone' mind, but she controlled her laugh, and let alina continue her attempt. It wasn't easy and it didn't work.Their parents were furious with her. Uncle sam & aunt jena were furious with nick. And, Piya just enjoyed the show, Finally something good was happening on her birthday. It was fun for her. Although she felt little bit bad for nick, because he had nothing to with anything. He just came because alina had phoned him. But Alina deserve every bit of scolding she was getting.

When finally their scolding session ended, piya and Alina left alone in the room. Alina threw herself on the bed,  "that was Crazy ! " She breathed. Piya Couldn't control anymore, and started laughing. "That was fun," She said between her laugh, lying next to her.

"Now you are laughing, huh? " Alina grab a pillow and beat her with it. "Why you had to get yourself hit by That damn Car? "

"Because truck and train were out of order in that Area."

"Just shut up your smart-ass mouth ! " She said annoyingly, beating her even more with pillow.

"Then don't ask dumbass questions  " Piya replied as matter of faculty. Alina threw pillow on the bed, and remain lying there in Silence  for few minutes. She took a long breath and got herself out of the bed, piya stayed lie on her place. "Let's go. Everyone is waiting for us on breakfast table."

"You go, and tell mom to get a painkiller for me. I'll be there in a minute. "

"What doctor Said about your wound? Don't you need to Consult him before taking anymore painkillers? " Alina asked.

"He said I can take One or two painkillers. I had concussion, though nothing serious. My forehead wound will heal soon, and It might leave A scar. " Piya replied.