The winter dance

Dave parked his car at school parking lot , and then with his all gentleman man grace went to open the door for alina. They looked good together piya thought watching them. Dean did same for her, and offered his hand to her. Piya tried hard not to roll her eyes, it would have looked awfully wrong at the moment. "Be nice to him " She reminded herself. She placed her hands on his and came out of car.  "You don't really need to do all this. " She said as calmly as possible.

"A beautiful lady deserve a gentleman treatment. " Dean said with a smug.

"So is a needy lady, an old lady, weak lady, and also, every not so beautiful lady... " Piya said but became silent as soon her eyes went to alina who were glowering at her conveying silently but pretty clearly that she should shut her mouth. She bit her toungue, and smiled meekly "I mean every lady deserve a gentleman treatment as long as she is not claire. "

"I agree with you. " Dave chuckled, saving the moment for piya. And with that dean smiled too.

--------

They entered in overly lit school gym area which had been decorated with chritmas lights and chinese lanterns. Fog machine had been set up to complete the whole look. Everyone was dazzling in their expensive attires. Some students were dancing with their partners, some were just watching others dancing and some were gossiping. In a corner,  there was a huge spruce tree decorated with lights and colour full decor balls.. just like christmas tree. It was a christmas tree. Except, it had so many colurful paper chits stuck on it. Here it was called as 'wishing tree' .
Their school had been organising this 'winter dance' event every year for senior year students to celebrate their last christmas with them, and 'wishing tree' had been a crucial part of it. It was like a tradition that had been followed from years.Students took one of those colourful paper chits placed under the tree and wrote a wish on it...not for themselves but for any other student and stick it onto the tree. The name of the student for whom the wish had been written should be mentioned at the top of the paper. if students able to find their name written chit out of so many, they considered themselve lucky. Piya admired the tree but she didn't think she was going to write any wish for anyone.

A man at entrance asked for the coats piya and alina had been wearing over their dresses. It was freezing cold outside, thus to keep themselves warm they had to wear coats before leaving house. They took off their coats and handled to the man, he kept them with others.As they came inside alina looked overly excited about almost everything and dave was no less. They were perfect partner for each other. Whereas dean had some expectations from piya..like at least she would dance with him, but she just felt like going home. Then she thought she had no right to ruin last dance of his school life and leave  him embarrassed infront of his friends.Thus, she stayed quite.

"Hey Piya, " A fimilar voice tapped her from behind. Piya made a grumbling face as she said "Not this again. " under her breath.

"Hey Claire, " Piya smiled forcefully as she turned to the voice. Claire glaced at dean and said with fake sad expression  "Disappointed. I thought you would come with someone else " .

"And I thought she wouldn't come at all. " The girl behind claire commented and all three of them laughed,  including claire. Dean came forward to defend piya but she stopped him.

"Shh.. She is AR lover, you should talk nicely with her." Said the other girl with a devious smile.

"Correction..creepy crazy stalker, not the lover.. " Claire supplied  mockingly and they laughed.

Piya looked at them with bored face. "You know claire , you should've left your bitchiness at home for tonight. It doesn't go well with your dress. "  She said, plainly. That made alina giggled.Claire felt insulted and tried to reply her back but piya cut her off as she continue "Don't worry, you can still fix it up.You look decent until you don't open your mouth. "