Chapter 3: Reliving My Nightmare

Authors note: I used 4 quotes in this chapter! See how many you can find ;)

     "It was me, not J'onn"
"What was you?" I ask confused.
"I killed your aunt. I'm so sorry!"

Right as those words came out my heart broken in half. One half still loves my sister, the other not so much. It hates her. I don't say anything. I can't say it's okay because it's not. And if I tell her I'm pissed at her then she'll try to apologize. So all I can do is fly away, and that's exactly what I do. I turn and fly.

     I use flying as a way to think about things. Thinking, I've been doing that a lot lately.

     That night when I get home I fall asleep on the couch still in my suit. All I can dream about is Alex stabbing and killing the only real family I had left. I almost got her back! There was still good in her! She was starting to switch sides!

     I jolt awake. "Hey it's okay. It's okay. I got you." Lena. I sigh in relief. Wait! She never left?
"Lena?"
"Yeah?"
"You didn't leave. Why?"
"Nope, that's what friends do."
"Thanks for not leaving." I say as I hug her tighter.
"No problem, you should go lay down in bed."

"Okay." I get up and start heading to my room, but notice that Lena isn't following me. "Lena?"
"Mhm?"
"Aren't you coming?"
"I'll be fine on the couch."
"But what if I have another nightmare? I need you."
"Okay." Her smile is gentle. She gets up and walks into my bedroom with me.

     As soon as we lay down I scoot closer to her, so I'm curled up to her. I feel her arms snake around my waist as I fade into the blackness, soon to be face to face with another nightmare from the last couple of weeks.

     "I'm sorry, but I can't be with you I don't care about you." He frowns. My heart shatters.

"What? What about everything you said!" I yell at him.
"All lies." He shrugs
"So... I was just your booty call then?" This time I'm furious.
"If that's what you people here call it then... yeah pretty much."

He fooled me. I made a fool out of myself. I fell for a Daxamite. I should have seen this coming! He's the freaking prince! How could I be so stupid? I had hope. I hoped that Mon-El was different, someone I could share my life with, but I was wrong. "I'm not a nice guy. I live for hurting people. That's why I'm giving you and hour and a half to find several hindered innocent people before I blow them to smithereens."

"This better be a joke!"

"Not even close. I never joke." Mon-El says with a smirk forming on his face.
"I'll stop you!"

"No. No you won't. You'll do something better, funnier!" He starts laughing before he continues, "You'll help me actually, you'll kill the people of earth!"

"No. Why would I ever do that?"
"Patience little grasshopper."
"Why are you doing this?"

"A little mayhem always brings a smile to my face." And of course a smile is plastered on his face. He goes on to say, "Plus I like being a villain. Villains are for exciting!"

"Your not a villain! There's good in you! I've seen it!" I plead with him, but he doesn't budge.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
"No I have faith in the good parts of you, that you'll make the right choice."

"Well you better get started on finding those people surrounded by bombs, cause it's going to be pee-pee pants city here real soon!" He smirks again before flying away.

     It's been an hour and I've only found 50 people. I looked everywhere in the city! I listened for screaming, but there wasn't anyone screaming. I stop and stand on the roof of one of the buildings. Seconds later there's a thud behind me. I turn to see Mon-El standing there. "It's time for you to help me." He smirks.

"I still have thirty minutes!"
"I changed my mind."
"I will never help you hurt innocent people!" I growl at him.
"Oh but you will." He pulls out red kryptonite.
"No!" I feel my eyes widen as he walks closer to me.

"Oh yes!" The Daxamite grabs me before I have time to react. Within seconds I feel lighter, like the weight of the world was lifted of my shoulders. "Now miss Danvers, if you really have feelings for me you'll help me kill the people of National City!"
"I'd love to!" I smirk.

"Good now lets go, we can't waist anymore time."

     Just in ten minutes we already blew up 5 buildings, destroyed 2 parks, 1 hospital, and 3 planes that were flying by. This was so fun, finally getting to do something other than saving people and buildings. Some, no a lot of those people didn't even deserve to be saved, but I did it anyways. No one can stop us!

"Kara!" I turn to find Kal-El.
"What do you want?" I roll my eyes.
"You to stop. You've been exposed to red kryptonite."

"No, I've been exposed to my true feelings, my true self. And damn does it feel good!" I laugh as Kal floats there astonished.
"You need to come with me right now!" He says trying to sound tough.
"You don't scare me Kal. I'm older and stronger than you."
"Well then lets settle this. Lets see who's the stronger one."
"Finally a challenge!" I sigh.

     Mon-El counts down from ten. Right as he says one both me and Kal charge at each other . I punch him in the face as he punches me in the side. Our fight goes on for about ten minutes. We slam each other through buildings, both using all our strength. I dodge one of his punches slipping behind him, as we both turn I use an upper cut on him. He goes flying in the air and land flat on his back in the fountain that we were fighting in. I was soaking, but I did it! I won! In the champion of planet earth!

     I cry out in pain as something sharp hits me in the thigh. Alex. As soon as I look up I find her standing there holding a gun. She used the kryptonite bullets on me. I fall to my knees, slowly loosing conciseness. Alex runs over to me, grabbing me in her arms. The red kryptonite is staring to wear off.
"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to..." I trail off as the darkness consumes me.