What do We do Now?

(Selena's POV)

I didn't really remember Luna's address. So I traced it around, then figured I could just look at her Skype like the dumbass I am. I looked it up on my phone. 57 Jellica Court, she lives back in the more rich houses. Which was good I guess, if she's rich then she would have lots of groceries and tools I could use for weapons.  Apparently there are these damn monsters going around, but I haven't seen one myself yet. I started to get really confused as to where I was going with how many turns and different roads it took to get to Luna's house. I do know from a Skype call that she had an electric fence, so I started just looking for a house with a strange fence. I found it after the hell of maybe 2 hours and thirty minutes. I knew how to open her gate as well. When I knocked on the front door thrice, I heard a few gasps of what sounded like hope from possibly her parents. But instead I was greeted with my Ex; Jonathan.

I tilted my head to the side, confused, when I noticed his hope faltered. "Okay, come in Selena, I'm not upset that you're here, but... um, something happened that we need to tell you," Jonathan informed me. I nodded my head, giving a small, "Uh-huh," to him before walking into the rather large living room. I saw Nyquaryn cuddling one of Luna's blankets, I also heard faint sobbing or whimpering. I could tell she had  it since she was a child because of how much ware and tear is on it. As well as how faded it looks, but aside the point. I looked at everyone else. Sylvester was shaking so much like she had just got out of a panic attack. Kareem looked deep in thought, and Jonathan, I could tell a heavy burden was upon him. Also where is Luna, it's her house, but there's no emo girl in sight. Sylvester looked up at me, and she ran to me, hugging my small form. At least I wasn't as small as Luna though... which I was secretly proud about.

When Sylvester pulled away from embracing me, after I of course hugged her back, she said... well rather explained why everyone was upset, mainly Nyquaryn. Sylvester cleared her throat before saying in a slightly raspy voice that you could tell she had been crying earlier in, "So Luna decided to get some food already, to just stock up, and as we were going through a small convenient store, we got most of the food, but then decided to get some water as well.. so when we went to the back, we were met with one of the monsters.. Luna told us to run, dropped her bag, and Jonathan and I booked it to the exit. I don't know why we did that, we should have helped her.. but then we heard a thud, a scream from Luna, and then a low growl... so we figured her dead from what the news reports had said about them earlier. They have the intent to kill, they're not in it for food. They're simply in it for the kill, and that kill was Luna..." by the end of her explanation, Sylvester was in tears, the corners of her lips frowning.

I wiped away her tears and hugged her tightly. "I'm so sorry that had to happen to Luna this early on.. I know she's looking up at us from the hell she crawled out of, smiling, looking at our futures of us being safe." I tried to say to cheer her up. Though I was genuinely sad at the thought of Luna already being dead... I sat down on the couch next to Nyquaryn and gently stroked his back, he was obviously crying since they brought the news. "I.. I t-thought it was L-Luna when you r-rang t-t-the doorbell b-but now all I w-want is h-h-her..." he stuttered. I felt so bad, I just got here and it's hell.. what do we do now?

(Jonathan POV)

Why the hell didn't I help Luna when she told us to run... I should have left Sylvester with our bags, told her to run, then helped Luna... she's dead now because of me, because of my selfishness, that I killed my best friend. What have I done, I don't deserve to be called anything good.. I was just so damn dumb.. I was blinded by fear so much so I let my only true friend die. I don't know what to think now, I'm broken. I know that she's dating Nyquaryn, but I always had a small crush on Luna, and recently more so than ever, it's just been getting so large that I've been trying to break Nyquaryn and Luna up. I was such a terrible friend for trying to do that. Right now Luna would be trying to cheer me up, telling me not to think so lowly of myself, but that was a stupid choice on my end, I will never be able to forgive myself for doing that.

I got up and started to clean around the house, to try and get Luna's death off of my mind, anything to not think about it. I saw that Selena and Kareem joined me, cleaning everything in the house, sorting books, doing laundry, etc. Since Luna's house was solar-panel powered, it didn't matter if we ran the dishwasher, shower, dryer, or anything else electric. I also knew that Luna's parents put in a water system for when it rains, who knew that her parents being so eco-friendly would actually come in immense help one day. Speaking of which, her parents would have been able to leave work a while ago.. we got out of school at 11 a.m. It's now almost 5... I think Luna's parents might be... perished.

I shivered at the thought, I went back to cleaning, sorting her books my alphabetical order, folding all the laundry, moving stuff to the dryer from the washer, dusting hard to reach areas, and wiping off the kitchen. I asked if I could eat stuff and everyone said no. I was confused, I was hungry... so why not eat? "Luna said after we get a large supply of food, we can start to eat the perishable foods, and then move to canned food and water bottles." Kareem informed. I nodded at the new information. Who knew a girl so subtle as Luna would be so smart when it would come to a life-changing event like this? Though... Luna is no longer here... no more late night talks. No more studying at 4 A.M... No more seeing her beautiful face... I need to stop thinking about her in that way. In all honesty.. what if I killed myself in order to see her again? That doesn't sound bad. I smirked at the suicidal thought.

(Sylvester's POV)

I was thinking about my words from earlier at the lunch table. My words were wrong, Nyquaryn is heartbroken without her. I feel so bad for him, he's been crying into her blanket she had ever since she was 3. I looked around Luna's house, looking at the pictures she owned, all the books. I took one off the shelf named 'Lucifer's Adventure' and started reading, but I couldn't get the earlier thought off of my mind, how were my words incorrect? I thought at least Luna would be able to come back to us, but in the end... if she's dead, then there's no coming back to us, there's no getting to lose her virginity to Nyquaryn... there's no smiles at the wedding, there's nothing, no memories, no loving moments, no detentions together... nothing at all.. here in The After.

I went over and sat near Nyquaryn, a sad smile grazed my pale pink lips as I gently grabbed his shoulder with my dominant right hand. "What if Luna is actually still out there...?" I ask him softly. He gets upset at this, "Do you want to give me false hope, and keep me waiting that my beautiful Luna is still out there, in the world, possibly taken by a rapist?! Possibly murdered by gangs.. or by THEM?! What do you want me to think, I know you always used to joke about how much Luna and I love each other and we should never give up on each other, but what are you trying to do to my head, I'm not a doll that you can just give false hope to like that!" he screamed at me. I had my hands up in fear, small tears prickling at the corners of my eyes.

He really does love her.... what can I do now.. I truly don't think Luna could survive fighting one of them from what the radio is saying... we will honestly have to be really quiet now, no more talking, we'll have to learn sign language, as well as other things in order to communicate. I sighed picking up the book and sitting down on the couch again, that was adjacent from where Nyquaryn was sitting at. I looked at his soft baby blue eyes, before looking down at the book I was about to read.. thinking about Luna's words from one Skype call. 'Once something is truly lost, you can never get it back again.' I quote in my head. Well Luna, you're the one that's lost now. You left us in this hellhole.

(A/N)
I can't stop writing this, I have so many ideas, but in the middle of writing them, I just get distracted and then I get writers block like the idiot I am. Bye Derps! -Luna

Wtf Jonathan, you tryna steal my girl? - Nyquaryn