Secure?

(Nyquaryn's POV)

  It had been about 5 months since we had heard about Luna's death. Since her family was so eco-friendly, it actually came in great help against Them. By now we also all know how to do sign language... another thing I would have been able to communicate with Luna by, she knew sign language. Aside from her, we've put up a filtration system for the water, so we can shower, and clean other things as well, like dirty dishes, clothes. It's also great that she has a solar-panel powered house, so we still have power, though not a lot more if it's cloudy for a couple of days, but any light does help us in the mean time right now.

  Right now Jonathan, Sylvester, and I have all been training and fighting the monsters. Those damned monsters took my precious Luna way from me.. and I swore to her, she will get her revenge. That was one thing I had to promise to a dead body in this hell of a world. We started to see more and more of the monsters everywhere. We learned it's best to go pillage at night, since these things love the light, they're out in daylight. They also hate thunderstorms, mainly rain in general. They have poor eyesight, that's why they like the light. They come in 5 colours, purple, red, green, blue, brown, and black. With the purple, red, blue and green colours, they are very dark colours, no happy bright colouring within them at all. Except for their either green or yellow orbs. No known weakness yet, but we're sure we will find something. Usually Sylvester would be on a weakness by now, but she's too focused on looking at them without thought. She thinks of them as the new best toys we have for entertainment.

  I sigh at the thoughts as it was now night and Kareem and I were trudging through a very run down Wal-Mart. There were very questionable stains in the houses we had just raided before we came here. Our backpacks were about a third way full. We luckily found some food in the back, like there usually was a lot, not so much now. Then again, we come and raid this area a lot. I think Luna would have wanted us to branch off into different areas to raid... she'd know what to do by now. We have a lot of food though. We just got done with all of the sugary stuff, or bad foods, perishable foods. Just last night was when Sylvester had to crack into our large supply of canned food. We still have at least two 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper. Then after that supply is gone, we will start to go onto the water bottle supply we have. God I miss Luna so much... what was Jonathan thinking... I still had a massive grudge on him for not helping Luna back at where she was killed. No one bothered to go back, we figured her dead, but deep down inside me, there is still a small ray of hope that she's alive. Though I will not kill myself, no matter how upset I get that my Luna is gone... if she doesn't turn up in the next 7 months... then that'll be a year that she is gone, and she wouldn't be able to survive. Yeah she was strong, but not strong enough to survive Them. They're extremely fast, and they have such intent to kill.

  I miss her small stature, her sarcasm... just everything about her. I keep thinking about her when I shouldn't be. I mean, right now I should be on alert if there are any of Them nearby as Kareem goes to get some more supplies. That's what I'm going to do. I scanned my low eyes through the very dim lighting, I wasn't used to this, because at what seemed like a sanctuary, we have light, running water, food for at least 3 years, entertainment.. so we had a sanctuary 110%. Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Crevan... it got me on the thought of Luna again... us Mr and Mrs. Moon. I blushed a few shades of red and pink at the thought of me and Luna marrying.. but my happy thought soon faltered. There was no more gentle hugs, no more teasing, no more asking for help to study, there was no more going to the library afterschool, no more book forts, no notes during detention, no more hangouts... nothing at all. Luna.. please come back to me, I'm shattered without you.

  "Alright dude, I have a bunch of shit right now, let's get on the move, and get the backpack, it's filled with water and beans." Kareem whispered in my ear. I grabbed the extra backpack from him and we treaded back to our house. We heard the gentle patter of our shoes and the rain. I loved when it rained, because it would hide my tears from when I thought about Luna. How did a girl with insecurities, being so shy, a girl that no one really liked... how did she end up making me fall for her... her brown hair.. lovely steel cold ey- "Nyquaryn..." Kareem said, concern clear in his eyes. I noticed that I was crying, wiping away the tears holding onto my chin. I still hadn't gotten over Luna.

  "I'm sorry..." I mumbled, before opening the gate to our house, knocking thrice on the door. Sylvester must have remembered the knock from 2 weeks ago when we last went out, because she came running up and then opened the door hurriedly. I was confused though, she wasn't like this last time. She seemed slightly more excited today.. and she was apparently waiting for us to get home. We all got to sit down on the couch then she started explaining her enthusiasm.

(Sylvester's POV)

  I was walking around the area where Luna supposedly died... when I opened the doors to the back... there it was, one of Them with a pipe sticking out of the back of it's upper spine/neck.. also a human skeleton, some of the bones missing. That's when I gagged and started looking around. Blood splatters... everywhere... the skeleton... it seemed like the same height as Luna. Tears started prickling at my eyes... but that didn't explain how the Thing was dead... did Luna kill it? But then get injured in the battle, then shortly after, died. I looked around a bit more before I was about to go. I looked at the splattered walls. I saw bloody footprints... one looked like the bottom of converse.. a size 3 in men's about... Luna's shoes. Also two other pairs of worn footprints, one seemed like boots, the other like sketchers or something.

  I also noticed some dark brown hair sticking to a nail, as if it got caught on it. It seemed painful for how much hair there was.. at least 20 strands. Something happened to Luna, she didn't die, she was taken... but by whom? I don't want to give Nyquaryn false hope again with this news... because she still might have been murdered by whoever took her. I don't think she was willing to join them either, that's not like her. She would want to stay with us at all costs when it would come to a situation like this. She was taken...

  I quickly ran back to the house after my discovery, my evidence making me supremely happy. I knocked on the door after quickly opening and shutting Luna's gate. The door was answered by Jonathan, still being extremely depressed, even though it's been 5 months since the death of our friend. Yeah, I miss her too, but some things should be let go, it's better to stay on the shit that's happening now, instead of just weeping on it. Now that hell is now in the over-realm.. you need to keep your guard up. This is why our group is not trusting anyone else, nor are we going to help anyone or anything. We also needed to start putting up traps to catch squirrels and other small creatures for food, and capturing chickens for eggs. Apparently They will never go for livestock, or small animals like dogs or even cats, but they will go for humans.

  "Uhh Sylvester..? You seem really happy for what all has been happening for the past few months.. did your happy pills kick in or something, or did you get drugged by someone?" Jonathan asked me. I shook my head 'no' immediately. "I'll tell you whenever Kareem and Nyquaryn get back from their scavenge at Wal-Mart," I happily said. We got on the topic of games and stuff, like how we used to play Cards Against Humanity, League of Legends, or other things and I spoke up, "Sylvester's the name! Molestation's the game!" I shouted. Just then I heard hard knocks three times on the door and I quickly ran to the door, clearly happy as I open it and see both Kareem and Nyquaryn. I ushered them in, them obviously confused about my happiness. "Luna is possibly alive..." I announce when they all sit on the couch. Nyquaryn glared at me, I know he didn't want to have false hope...

  "Though let me explain why I think so. I think she had the strength in order to kill one of Them when we went to the Dollar General. I saw bloody footprints, and other things.. there were bloody converse marks, about Luna's shoe size, as well as other foot tracks.. so I think Luna was taken by people, guys or girls, she's probably out there.. though I don't know if they had murdered her after they took her or not.. it's so sad, first day of his hell and then she was already taken," I explained. I saw that Nyquaryn wanted to speak... and he did. "We're secure... we know that much... I want to awaken from this never ending hell... but I know this isn't a fucking dream," he said, his head held low, as he also spoke in a growled tone.

(A/N)
Uhh, hi.. I got sick today, so instead of going to school like a normal human being, I stayed home and got to publish this, Nyquaryn will be done with ediedidietitieteideit so... there should be 2 new chapters that you guys see now. Bye Derps! -Luna