18 Days (Justlex)

It was almost Mother's Day so Alex and his mother went to lunch with his grandma, aunt, and cousins before going to visit his great grandma. While at his great grandma's his cousins were talking about how that night they were all going to one of their houses tonight to stay over and 'party' when they invited Alex to join them, which he agreed to because he hadn't spent time with them in forever.

They got to his middle cousin, Jamie's house and all went inside, instantly breaking out weed, music, and alcohol. In the house was Alex, his oldest cousin Lynn, middle cousin Jamie, youngest cousin Melanie, and Melanie's boyfriend Jack; all of which were older than Alex. Alex had always gotten along better with his cousins than anyone else in his family, the four of them stuck together, which is why they knew about him, Justin, and the problems they had been having lately. Alex was tired with Justin constantly ignoring him and pretending he doesn't exist unless they're alone, and sometimes that's even pushing it. It wasn't rare for Justin and Alex to be alone together and Justin to still ignore Alex, either by constantly being on his phone, playing games or texting, or him playing video games and Alex didn't know how much more he could take, so he told his cousins because they had more experience with dating than he did.

"What do I do?" He asked.

"For now, you drink," Lynn said.

"But what about later?" He whined.

"Later you talk to him, tell him how you're feeling," Melanie chimed in.

"Yeah, don't do what I'm doing," Jamie, who's currently having close to the same problems with her boyfriend, said.

"As I said, for now you drink!" Lynn said, pouring shots for all of them. They all took the shots, chasing it with Redbull.

It was just the five of them for awhile, talking, dancing and singing, before one of Jamie's friends and one of Melanie's friends showed up, Evan and Carrie. Everything was calm until they ran out of Redbull, and needed to go to the store, however at 1 am not many places were open.

"We have to go to Walmart then," Jamie said.

"Who's going?" Lynn asked.

"Obviously me," Evan said, him being the only entirely sober one, "but who's coming with me?"

"Alex, you should go," his cousins pushed, he thought it was because he was mostly sober, only having taken two shots and three hits.

"Okay, I guess I'll go," he said.

Him and Evan left to go to Walmart, making small talk and singing until they got there. They went in and bought a box of Redbull and some snacks before going back. They had been gone for nearly an hour when Alex got a text.

New message:

From: Lynn 🔥

You gonna bang him?

New message:

From: Jamie ✌

You guys fucking?

New message:

From: Melanie 🎩

What's taking so long? Are you guys okay?

He shook his head, at the first two and decided to reply to Melanie first.