Chapter 5: Into The Darkness

Haha! I've been getting a lot of positive feedback from this story, and my creative juices have been flowing! So here we go, back into Darkness Of Dragons! Geronimo!

  I just woke up, and I take a deep breath. What happened? I feel tied up, and when I open my eyes and stare into the dark abyss of nothingness. I try to clear my head.

Okay, I remember I was trying to figure out what the armband was for, and why I was so afraid of taking it off. Each time, I had this overwhelming anger before confusion set in, which is weird. Usually, I know the reason why I'm angry, but this time...I can't recall.

What was I doing this morning? I remember a NightWing by the name of Morrowseer was coming, and I was preparing my office for his visit, grumbling all the way. Don't get me wrong: I respect NightWings as an equal, and only an equal. If their powers are true (which I highly doubt.), then they'll see me at face value; I do not hold my tongue. But it's basically a requirement here in the Talons, so I've been watching what I say recently.

Anyway, I was putting away everything, including my numbing agent and sleeping toxin all nice and labeled, as well as putting things in their proper place, I heard someone outside. I perked my ears up.

"Nautilus." A voice said menacingly. "You haven't found him? After how many years I've asked you to look for him?"
"S-Six years, Morrowseer." Nautilus mumbled, his voice sinking. "No one has matched the description you have given me."

"No one?" Morrowseer said darkly. "No one at all? Do you even remember what the description was?"

Nautilus voice rised from the depths. "Yes, and very vividly."

At this point, my mind was screaming Run, you idiot! Before your caught!
Why though? I thought back.

Nautilus droned. "Be on the lookout for a hybrid. He will have huge SkyWing wings, frostbreath as well as flame, fluctuating body temperature, and animus magic."

Morrowseer sighed. "So nothing out of the ordinary has happened, guppy?"

I waited with bated breath. I'm the only animus here! But he couldn't be talking about me.
Could he?

"Well," Nautilus croaked. "There is Asha. Her sickness went away.  We don't know  why."
"Did it ever occur to you that who I'm looking for might have done it? Whose the head doctor?"

By this point,  my heart is pounding, and my conscience was at war.
I knew I shouldn't have used my animus magic on her!

But she would have died!

Dragons die all the time.

But Asha was extremely sick!

But you need cover to remain safe!

From what?

From destroying Pyrrhia.

I sprint out of the door, and glide past them. I clamber out to the main corridor, and bump into Scorch. "Shockwave, what are you---"
"Shush!  No time to explain! I need to go away. Don't tell anyone where I'm going!" Talons land behind me, but I'm too panicked to notice. "Dragons figured out I'm an animus, and something in my mind tells me that if I'm caught, I will do unspeakable things to Py....rrrr..." I start to stumble, and I saw, with my last moments of consciousness, a NightWing with my sleep toxin, and says. "I finally found you."