City Of Forgotton Voices- A Jace Wayland Romance-5

"Now that we're back in time, let's go," Clary said, grabbing my arm.
"Wait, where are we going?"
"Oh right, I forgot to mention, we're heading to a party," Isabelle said.
"A party?" James asked.
"But I don't have anything to wear to a party," I said, looking down at my normal shaowhunting attire.
"I have something you can borrow," Clary said, "and if not Iz has something you can borrow."
"I do?" she asked.
"yes, you do," Clary said, dragging me up the staircase.

After accepting the lace dress that had almost no fabric, and after a few minutes of primping, I was ready. The dress she lent to me was short, like, above my mid-thigh, short, and it was half-sleeved, which meant it only had one sleeve. It hung to my body really tightly and felt itchy, and looked way too sexy.
"I don't know if I feel comfortable in this," I told the two girls.
"Don't be silly, you look great," Isabelle complimented.
"Wow, a compliment from Izzy, I must really look good."
"You should just wear a little more makeup," she commented back.
"I'm fine going natural, I don't need anything too heavy."
"Your hair?" Clary asked.
"I decided to leave it be."
"This is a party of the highest warlock in Brooklyn, you can't just go in looking like a shadowhunter."
I looked at the runes that were all over my body, revealed by the sexy dress, "It's going to be obvious anyways."
"Fine, guess we're ready then."

"Alyson just come out of there," James said as I hit in the coat closet, refusing to come out.
"No, I look ridiculous!"
"You were fine with it earlier," Clary said.
"That was before."
"Just come out, I'm sure you look fine," Alec said.
I gulped, "Fine."
I undid the lock, slowly opening the door and walking out, earning a jaw drop from James, "What in the bloody hell are you wearing?"
"So you don't like it then?"
"Of course not, you look like a-"
"Easy, those clothes are mine," Clary said.
"And they should stay that way now go upstairs and-"
"I think she looks great," Jace interrupted, smiling at me from where he leaned against the doorway.
I smiled back, swiping a strand of hair behind my ear and shyly replied, "Thanks."
"Great, just great,' muttered James.
"Relax, I'm fine, let's just go before James has a heart attack," I said, blushing from his reaction.
"I wouldn't be having a heart attack if you would've picked something more tasteful and that didn't show you off."
"Come on, I wouldn't want to miss a great party," Isabelle said, just wanting to show herself off to a bunch of downworlders.

We were walking down the street, the heels on my feet causing me to go through untollerble foot pain. "You know, heels are not the best things to walk in if your not used to them," Isabelle said from in front of me.
"Good thing is that I brought some converses," I said, stopping in my tracks.
"Do you want us to wait for you?" Simon asked.
"No, you guys go ahead, I'll catch up."
"You sure?" Alec questioned.
"Yeah, I'm sure."
They all glanced at each other before starting back again, Jace slower than the others, most likely making sure I was okay. I leaned against a mucky brick wall, kicking off my heels as I did so. I sighed in relief as I put on my converses, feeling the pain go from my feet.
"Alyson,'' a voice whispered.
I looked up, seeing all of my friends gone and the voice unrecognizable, "Hello?" I asked, when the voice didn't come back I started walking, my converses scraping against the asphalt.
"Alyson listen." I kept walking, knowing I couldn't be seen since I was glamoured.
"Alyson, Alyson please," the voice said, this time from behind me.
I turned around and stared at an older man, maybe in his thirties, running up to me, "Who are you?" I asked, my hand griping the small knife the stuck out of the belt that was hooked around my waist.
"A friend," he said.
"I...I'm sorry but I don't know you," I whispered and started backing away.
I shrieked as he grabbed my upper arm and pulled me to him, "I have a message for you," he said.
"Get the hell off me!" I screamed and tried pulling away but his grip was too tight.
"It's a message from your parents."
I stopped struggling, "What?"
"There's someone watching you, making sure you don't look for them, they...they wanted me to come and find you with a message."
"What's the message?"
"They said 'turn back,' he said
''I don't follow," I told the stranger.
"Do not look for them, you are safe now but if you try to find them you will die before you get the chance."
"A-are they alive?"
"I'm not supposed to tell you anything more than the message."
"But to get the message they had to tell you that."
"No, I don't know for sure, it was in a letter to me, signed by your mother but that doesn't mean anything."
"That's good enough for me, she's alive," I whispered, a small smile appearing.
"Just stay out of it, stay away and stay where you are before you do something you will regret."
"But if they are alive I need to-"
"Hey!" Jace yelled, coming up from out of no where, grabbing the stranger by his collar and slamming him into the brick wall.
"Jace, Jace stop," I said, trying to pull him away from the man.
"What in the hell were you doing to her?" he asked.
"N-nothing, i was just told to give her a message," the freaked out man said.
"Jace, stop it, he wasn't hurting me he was helping me," I told him, touching his arm lightly.
He relaxed and let go of the man, "Your lucky," he muttered before grabbing my hand.
"Let's go," he said to me and started pulling me away.
"Keep my words in mind!" the man yelled as we turned the corner.
I yanked my arm from his grasp, "Jace, that man knew my parents."
"You don't know that."
"So what if I don't, he was the only lead I had."
"He could've been working for the people that took them, he could've taken you," he hissed back at me.
"He gave me a message, from my mom, telling me not to pursue," I said.
"Then don't, if he is telling the truth don't pursue them."
"I'm not going to stop, they are my family Jace, if it were your family you wouldn't stop either, and I wouldn't stop you, I'd be there with you."
He sighed, "I'm sorry, I just....I didn't know if he was hurting you or not," he said.
I grabbed his hand, kissing it lightly, "It's okay, I got the message, that's all that matters."
"And that your okay, that matters too."
I rolled my eyes, "That too."
He unwinded his hand from mine and placed his arms securely around my waist, bringing us really close together. His forehead pressed onto mine and I breathed in his scent. I felt my breath leave my body in a gasp as he kissed me. It was nothing like the first kiss we shared, it was more intense, more passionate. I placed my hands on his cheeks, moving my lips against his, as we stood in the middle of the Brooklyn street, unnoticed by the mundanes. When he pulled back I was panting softly, trying to regain my breath. His thumb slid over my cheek, wiping away a tear I must've shed before we kissed and he looked down at me.
"Maybe we should join the others, before they start worrying."
"Yeah, good idea."

I stood off near the back of the party with Clary and Simon twisting my glass in my hands, the strange events from earlier still plageing me, until Clary's voice brought me back. "Remember Simon, don't drink anything this time."
I smirked, remembering the story of him in rat form, "I'd like to see that, I bet you made a cute rodent."
He snorted, "Haha, funny," he took a sip of some drink, "But I don't think it works on vampires."
"I bet it does," I said.
"Well I don't plan on finding out," he said.
"Party pooper," I muttered playfully and sipped from my obvious alcoholic drink. I made a face and put it down, "What's taking them so long in there?"
"Magnus is stubborn," Clary said.
"That bad?"
"No, but he and Jace don't get along."
"Figures, Jace doesn't get a long with a lot of people."
"That's because he's Jace," Simon said.
"Did they tell you why we came, I mean, there has to be a reason," I asked, letting the curiousity get to me.
"Nope, no reason," Clary said quickly, too quickly to sound like the truth.
"Your lying."
"I'm not supposed to say," she said.
"Well, I'm about to go find out."

I shoved through the crowd, getting weird looks from the downworlders that littered the place. I stopped in the middle of the dance floor, trying to figure out where I was going to go when I got grabbed from behind, a body grinding against mine, "Where do you think your going shadowhunter?"
I spun around, only causing our bodies to get tighter, "To find Bane," I informed.
"How about one dance, then I'll lead you to him?"
"How about no," I told the dark haired glampire, pushing at him.
He let me go, "Your loss," he nodded to the left, "Staircase is that way."
"Thanks," I said, shoving through more downworlders.

I reached the winding staircase, getting dizzy just by walking up, and saw a plain black door. I knocked loudly, just so I knew they couldn't ignore me.
"What?" a voice asked as the door flew open, revealing a man with cat eyes.
"Aly, what are you doing?" James asked, panicked that I found them.
"Figuring out why we're here."
"Ah, so your the famous Aly?" the obvious warlock said.
"And your Magnus Bane?" I asked as he led me in.
"Correct sweetheart."
"Now that you know who we're talking about, you can help us," Jace said.
"Help you with what?"
"Help you figure out what's going on with your parents," Alec answered.
I looked at Jace, feeling angry, "You told them?"
"I know your mad but-"
"Jace I told you not to tell anyone and you told everyone, the one thing I asked from you."
"You needed help, that's what they're for, to help."
"I didn't ask for it," I hissed.
"But your getting it," Magnus said, sitting me down on a chair, "Now, let's get to work." TBC