City Of Forgotton Voices-A Jace Wayland Romance-17

Blurry. The room was blurry. I could hear yells, voices, someone calling my name. I didn't want to wake up, I was afraid. Afraid of where I was and afraid of confronting who had captured me.
"Wake up, my daughter."
I moaned, turning my head to the side, "Wha, where, where am I?"
I felt a rough hand touch the side of my cheek, "Wake up child, it's time."
I opened my eyes for the second time, only to see silver cat-like eyes staring down at me. I panicked, I shoved the man away, pushing myself off the ground and looking around. I was in a basement, a old dirty basement, alone.
"Stay away from me," I ordered.
The long haired , pale skinned man, held up his hands, "I'm not going to hurt you, Alyson."
"Who in the hell are you?"
"In good time my dear."
"Where am I?"
"Do you not remember?"
"I was, I was with Isabelle and Alec, we were looking for Jace in my...we're in the basement of her old clothing warehouse," I said, wincing from the pain in my head.
"Sorry about that, you were a little harder to put out than the others."
"Where are they?"
"All of them are okay, they just fight me a little too much," he said while stepping a little closer.
"Stay back, I'm still armed."
"That's' what your little friends have been threatening, we are unkillable by your blades."
"Just let my friends go, they are not involved with this."
"They are now, because of you."
"Please, just let them go."
"Bring them in!" he yelled, causing a few doors to open from the walls, about six of them bringing my three friends in. Isabelle wasn't fighting against them like Alec and Jace were, Jace was the only one without any weapons.
"We had to confiscate his, he got a little too violent."
"Jace," I whispered loud enough for him to look up, his angry blue eyes catching my brown ones. He had bruises all over his face, dried up blood under his nose, and then fresh blood on his lip.
"We had to show him who was in control."
When they were all thrown onto the ground I took off, running first to Jace, throwing my arms around him, "Oh Jace," I whispered.
"It's okay, we're all okay."
"This is why you all should've stayed out of it, I didn't want any of you to be in this situation."
"This is what we're trained for," Iz said, her voice somewhat pained.
"Have they been beating all of you?"
"Only a little, my face is normally beautiful remember?" Jace asked.
I found myself cracking a smile, "I've never been so happy to hear your sarcasm."
"Where's James?" he questioned.
I looked down, his hands on my arms, "He's gone, he didn't make it through the battle."
"I'm sorry, I-"
"It's okay, you three are alive and that's all I'm worried about right now."
"Now that you three are acquainted-"
"Wait," I interrupted. "We're missing one more."
"Ah, that's right, your precious little mother."
"You've killed everyone in my family, don't take her too."
"I don't want to, your mother is quite a vicious one, but if you two don't give me what I want now, you'll all be killed."
"I don't have what you want, I don't even know what you want," I lied, still hanging onto Jace.
"Those people were not your real parents, Alyson."
"What?" I asked.
"Don't believe him," Jace whispered in my ear.
"Your lying to me," I said, standing up and eyeing him from across the room.
"Why would I lie to my own flesh and blood?"
"Flesh and blood?" I asked, sounding like a lost child.
"You are my daughter, Alyson."
"You expect me to believe you?" I spat.
"If you don't believe me, believe her," he snapped his finger, another door opening from the wall. My brown haired mother was drug out by a hooded figure, her wrists bound in front of her, "Thank you."
"Mommy?"
She looked up, her hair fallen halfway into her face, a tear sliding down her cheek with a smile, "My little girl," was all she whispered.
I ran towards her, going past the long-haired man but he grabbed my upper arm, "I don't have time for reunions."
"Tell me what he's telling me isn't true."
She looked down, "I want to tell you that, but I can't."
"So, he's my father?"
"Your real mother gave you to us to raise as a shadowhunter. We tried but, when they came looking for you, we never got to tell you."
"How could you lie to me?"
"We're sorry but, your father and I loved you very much, we still love you."
"Dad's dead mom, he died at the institute."
She nodded, "I know that."
"It's okay now, I forgive you, you did it to protect me," I said, my head still reeling from the new information.
"Aww, how sweet."
She looked up at our captor, "You'll never get the rune."
"That's not all I want."
"It's all destroyed," I said.
"You lie."
"I destroyed the papers when I found them," I lied.
His grip tightened, "Your lying is just like your mother's, detectable."
"She won't ever give it to you," my mother bitterly spat at him.
"Oh she will," he smirked at me, "Go ahead."
The tall hooded figure stood behind my mother, pulling her dark hair roughly, brining her to her knees, pressing a silver blade onto her neck, "Don't tell them where it is."
"Don't kill her, please," I begged.
"Where are they?"
"I told you I didn't know," I yelled at him.
"We never told her," my mother whimpered, her eyes wide as if to not show fear.
"I know she's lying, just tell us where everything is and this will all go away."
"I can't," I whispered, tears already falling from my eyes.
"Don't ever give in," my mother whispered, tears falling down her cheeks as she looked at me.
"Finish her."
The other stranger exposed her throat, pressing the blade in harder, "I love you," she whimpered, "I always have and I always will."
"NO!" I cried out as the knife slid across her throat, a thin stream of blood running down her chest. She fell to the ground and I screamed as loud as I could, struggling to get out of the grasp.
"LET ME GO!"
"Relax, my daughter, relax."
"Please, just let us go, you did it, you accomplished the one thing you wanted, you killed almost everyone I care about."
"Not everyone," he turned to the hooded figure, revealing himself.
My knees went weak, "James?"
He smiled at me, his blue eyes sparkling, "You were dead, you had no pulse."
"He brought me back, our father."
"Your not, he isn't," I couldn't talk, everything I've ever known was falling apart.
"He's our father, I'm your brother."
"How long have you known?"
He looked away, "HOW LONG?!"
"Since my parents were killed."
"Oh my god, you've been lying to me this whole time. I trusted you."
"I know you did, and I'll regain your trust, I promise."
"No, you won't, you knew about him this whole time and you acted as if nothing matter to you."
"It mattered to me, I just had to let you do this on your own."
He went to touch me but I pulled from the both of them, "Don't, please, just tell me all this is a lie."
"I wish i could, but it's the truth," James said.
"Who are you then, if your my so called father."
"My name is Kimmel Lawrence, I'm pretty sure your friends have heard of me, isn't that right?''
"Your the most powerful downworlder ever in existence, you created your own race," Alec said.
"He's sure done his homework," Kimmell said.
"Don't believe him, he isn't your father," Jace said to me.
"James, if you may."
James started to Jace, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, "It'll give me great pleasure to kill you."
I screamed as James slammed Jace into the wall, "No, please, don't kill him!"
"Give us the weapons," Kimmell said, grabbing me from behind, "And all this can go away."
"You promise?"
He nodded, "I promise."
I looked around at all my friends, the people I've grown attached to in the last few months, "Okay."
"No, don't do it, we can fight them together," Isabelle said, panicking from her spot next to Alec.
"I'm tired of fighting," I admitted, turning to Kimmell, "I'll give them to you."
"James, let the boy go."
"But I thought-"
"Your sister is demanding his freedom, we must compromise."
James angrily let go of Jace, leaving Jace sadly staring at me, "I love you, Jace."
"Now, give us what we want and we'll be on our way."
"I have a better deal."
"Enlighten me."
"If you let my friends live and stay away from them, I'll go with you, instead of giving them to you."
"You'd leave your life behind to go with us, forever being hunted by our own race?"
I nodded, "Your my family now, the only family I have left."
"I'm glad you feel that way," James said.
"Now that we've gotten what we wanted, come, before the clave arrives."
"The Clave?"
"Don't think I didn't see you send your two friends off to fetch the Lightwoods."
I looked to Isabelle and Alec, "Tell Clary I'm sorry."
I could see a few tears falling down Isabelle's cheeks as she nodded, "I will."
Kimmell turned his back and I pulled my crystal sword out of the holster, yelling as I slammed the purple blade deep into James' stomach, "That's what you get for betraying me!" I screamed, pulling it out.
"No matter what you may think, I'll always love you," he whispered before he exploded, ember liquid going onto my body.
I backed away, my blade out in front of me, "How is that for betrayal, dad?"
"You do have them?"
I smirked, "Of course I do, I'm not the clueless girl you think I am."
He started down the few steps, "Do you actually think you could kill me?"
"You killed my mom, my dad, had my best friend lie to me, yeah, I can kill you."
He smirked and I gulped, moving backwards as I saw an army of black blobs start coming up from the floor, "Kill them all!" he shouted. TBC

AN: Next chapter is the finale. Comment, fan, and vote, let me all know what you think.