City Of Forgotton Voices-A Jace Wayland Romance-6

"Do you have any idea who would've wanted to hurt your parents?" Magnus asked once we were alone.
"If I did, do you think I'd be here, listening to your questions?"
"Do you think the people that took them are after you?" he asked.
"Maybe, it's possible, but I haven't seen anyone. But this man I ran into today on my way here, he said that I was being watched."
"Did he say anything else?"
"Only that I needed to stop looking."
"Then why don't you?" Magnus questioned, sitting on a chair across from me.
"They're my family, I can't stop looking until i know."
"And by looking you could be killing them."
"Yes but, at least I'll know if they're gone."
"I heard that James' parents were taken as well, while they were looking afer you."
"Your making thi all seem like its my fault."
"Do you think it is?"
I nodded, "Yeah."
"So does he, he just doesn't want to admit it."
I stood, "I'm done, I don't need your help."
"That's what happens to everyone, they get hurt, so your risking the lives of all these shadowhunters to help you?"he said from behind me.
"I didn't ask for their help, I never wanted it."
"But you have it, and Jace, you love him right? You don't want him hurt."
"I don't want any of them hurt, none of them."
"Then you need my help, the quicker we get this done the quicker you can leave them before anything bad happens," he spoke quickly, "Do you want my help?"
I turned around, looking at him with tear filled eyes, "Yes." I wiped a stray tear, "But I want to know why."
"Because I knew your father."
"Y-You did? But how?"
"He dealt with downworlders, gave human blood to the demons that needed it in trade for demon blood for rituals. I bought some herbs from him sometimes, he was a good man."
"Yeah, from what I remember, he was."
"Do you remember anything from that night?"
"Only my father saying goodbye, my mother hadn't even gotten home from work yet."
"I see,'' he said.
"Do I have a mind block?"
"If so, I may be able to remove it."
"Can you try?"
He stood in front of me, "Of course," his fingertips laid themselves on my temples, "Close your eyes and focus on nothing."
"Nothing."
"Empty your mind of everything," he sighed, "Or not, just, focus on your memories of your family. Any good memory you can think of, maybe that will trigger the block. "

I did as he said, listening to my mom's voice as she sang to me, as she rocked me in her chair, as she let me help her make dinner, as she helped me cry over a wound I inherited by falling on the sidewalk.
"Stop," interrupted Magnus.
I opened my eyes as he moved away from me, "Did you see anything?"
"The block is heavier than I thought, no ordinary warlock could open or even create the block that you have."
"What do you mean, how powerful is it?"
"I couldn't even put a crack in it, not a budge."
"Do you know what kind of warlock could...do this?"
"None that I know," he said.
"Does that mean I'll never find out what really happened, am I going to be stuck like this forever? Not knowing?"
"There are other options," he said.

"The Silent Brothers?" asked Maryse as we gathered around a large table for the meeting I called.
"Magnus couldn't remove the block, he said we needed someone stronger, we needed them," I said.
"No, we're not calling them," Jace said, joining the conversation.
"It's not your decision, it's mine," I said to him.
"It could be dangerous, it could physically harm you," Alec said.
"It's worth the risk."
"Can we even trust these, silent brothers?" James asked, knowing just about the same amount about them as I did, which was nothing.
"We can trust them," Maryse said, "And if anyone can remove that block, it's them."
"Okay," I gulped, "Call the Silent Brothers."

After the meeting ended, I took the opportunity to look around the elegant, giant library. This place was one that I didn't visit often, mostly because I was busy training but, now that I'm in here, I saw things I haven't paid much attention to before. The large shelves took up two stories of space, each shelf filled to its full capacity of old and new books, mostly educational. I turned past a shelf, stopping when I saw a piano in the open.
I pulled back the bench, sitting, before tapping a key or two before dropping my hand back to my lap, feeling all the anger and sadness return to me. I tried my best to hold it in, I didn't want to be weak anymore, but I couldn't. I burst, letting a few salty tears run down my pink cheeks.
"Your playing that wrong," Jace said from behind me.
I shrugged, "So, I wasn't trying."
"I'm sorry."
"No your not, you got what you wanted, other people to help and more to get killed."
"It wasn't my idea," he told me, sitting on the wooden seat with me, "James told, it was his idea to take you to Magnus."
"Why would he do that?"
"He wanted to know about his family, and your really the only one who can find them."
"So he went behind my back and did the one thing I refused, great, some parabati he is."
"He loves you,you know that."
"Sometimes I doubt it, the way he treats me."
"His family is important to him."
"And mine isn't?"
He touched my cheek, "I wish I could take your pain away."
"I wish it would go away."
"It hurts to see you so sad."
"Why, it shouldn't bother you."
"It does because I love you."
I sat there in shock, staring at him after his confession, "um," he started.
"You can't take it back now, it's out there."
"I was going to wait until a better time."
I took his hands in mine, "There may not be a better time," I said, kissing him softly, "I love you too, Jace Wayland."
He smiled, connecting our lips again, and again, and again, until I felt like my lungs were about to burst.
"Aly."
I broke apart, "James," Jace spoke.
"One of the Silent Brothers is here." TBC