prologue

*

*

The father of Seohyun Park, Jimin, tapped his foot impatiently as the Ministry lift took him to the level that the Minister resided on. As soon as the doors opened, he shoved past his fellow Ministry employees and ran down the halls. His expensive black shoes echoed through the hall, causing people to turn around and stand by as they saw the Head of Auror Office run through the halls. Normally when they saw the look of determination on his face, people would stay out of his way and let him do what he needed to.

Jimin didn't bother to knock on the door of the Minister's office, for he had an urgent request. He stormed into the office, causing Cornelius Fudge to jump in his seat and stand, knowing that the sight of Park Jimin running into his office was not a good one.

"Park? What is it?" Cornelius asked in a rushed tone, the crumbs from his biscuit falling from his mouth as he did so.

Jimin ignored the Minister's question and rummaged through drawers filled with files. He pulled out a file that was no doubt the thinnest out of them all and dumped it on the Minister's desk.

"Get rid of it," Jimin ordered. "Burn it, feed it to the Acromantulas I do not care what you do with it as long as it doesn't exist anymore."

Cornelius picked up the file, opening it slowly. His eyes widened upon reading the contents of the file, knowing now why Jimin was in such a hurry. "Park I will not allow this-"

"It's already going to happen sir, I've predicted this years ago and it's finally going to happen. It hurts my heart that I will be leaving my sweet Seohyun behind but if it's what keeps her alive then I will accept my fate-"

Cornelius slammed his fist on the desk, enraged by what he was hearing. Jimin was the best Auror the Ministry had ever seen in years, he knew the Death Eaters' every move, and was able to prolong the life of Lily and James Potter by hiding them at Godric's Hollow.

And now, Jimin knew that Voldemort had found the prophecy about his daughter. Jimin had predicted that Voldemort would misinterpret the prophecy, and believe that it was Jimin who was the powerful wizard destined to weaken the Dark Lord, but it was in fact Park Seohyun who had the power to do so.

"You can't! You're the best damn Auror we've got! I will do whatever it takes, I'll keep your family hidden-"

"We did that to the Potters and look what happened Cornelius, they're dead apart from the boy." Jimin argued. Cornelius pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache coming on.

Shaking his head, he brushed the file away from him, "what does me destroying this have to do with the prophecy?"

"My daughter sir, she is the one who the prophecy is about. I can't have her record around here where the Dark Lord can find, and know of her existence-"

"But the wizarding world knows nothing about her, you've kept her hidden for 16 years, she's practically a muggle. You Know Who won't find her because she's practically non-existent!"

Jimin pushed the file back towards Cornelius, "but this file still exists, meaning there is a trace of her among wizards," he urged.

Cornelius looked down at the file and picked it up again. He opened the file, reading her name over and over again. "You've kept her away from all of this for her whole life, and for what? When you're dead, she'll have nowhere to go. She will have this 'power' that she won't know how to use! What was the point of keeping her hidden when she would just be exposed to all of this in the end?"

Jimin sighed and turned his back towards the Minister. He never wanted his daughter to be apart of the wizarding world. With his dangerous work, and the chance that she could be targeted, he kept her existence hidden from the wizarding world. He did it all to keep her safe, and now that the Dark Lord was coming after him, she was going to be in this world of magic, wonder, and evil. He knew that once he would die, Seohyun would be alone. He had already arranged for Dumbledore to take her in under an alias for extra caution, so she definitely couldn't be tracked down.

"Dumbledore will take her, have her under surveillance at all times. She'll be safe at Hogwarts, where she can learn magic until she's ready to face You Know Who," Jimin sighed. He turned around as he heard the sounds of crackling fire. He stared at what once was his daughter's birth certificate, which was now a small ball of flames.

Cornelius waved his wand, and the paper turned to ash and fell to the floor. He looked over at Jimin with an apologetic look. "It was good knowing you Park," he sighed.

Jimin walked towards the door. He opened the door, breathing heavily as he was about to go home, to where he would be killed by one of Voldemort's followers. He turned his head to look at Cornelius.

"It was good knowing you too, Cornelius."