five//introductions

*

*

Panting, Wendy shot up from the bed. She frantically searched around the dark room and saw nothing but silhouettes of her dorm mates sleeping caused by the bright moonlight seeping through the windows. Wendy slowed her breathing and wiped the beads of sweat from her forehead. Swinging her legs over the edge of her bed, she held her head in her hands as she tried to forget the horrible nightmares of the same images that had been haunting her for the past few days.

Unable to distract herself, Wendy put on her glasses, stood up and tiptoed out of the room. She carefully snuck down the staircase and out of the common room, hissing at the cold castle stone coming in contact with her bare feet. The eagle knocker scoffed at her as the door closed behind her, muttering something about her being a deviant. Wendy ignored the bronze eagle and strode through the castle, searching for a bathroom of some sort where she could refresh herself.

Sounds of snoring echoed off the walls of the castle; looking up Wendy saw that the people pictured in the paintings were fast asleep, and were the cause of the snores. She shook her head for she couldn't believe that any of this was actually real.

The halls were dark, and it was nearly impossible to see if it weren't for the few fire torches spaced out through the castle. She thought to herself, wondering where the bathrooms were. A part of her wished that she had been given a map of the castle, since it seemed impossible to navigate. While walking down a hall, she wished a bathroom, or any source of water would be up ahead. Suddenly, a door slowly appeared beside her.

Wendy stopped and stared at the door that had suddenly appeared. For a few seconds she questioned whether or not she should go inside, but a part of her felt that she should, as it appeared just as she thought about needing just a source of water. She cautiously turned the doorknob and gently pushed forward in hopes to make no noise. Quickly entering the room, she slowly closed the door, making sure she turned the knob after it was closed.

Turning around, Wendy was greeted by a large room filled with strange clutter around. The room looked almost impossible to navigate, although there seemed to be some paths formed with objects spaced away from each other.

In front of her, placed neatly on top of a table, was a bottle of cold water. Wendy greedily snatched the water from the table and wasted no time unscrewing the cap and sculling down the water; after all the tears she had shed, she'd become dangerously dehydrated. With the remaining water, she poured it out onto a set of cloth that was beside the bottle, and dabbed the cool cloth on her face, easing the puffiness and heat caused from her tears and sweat.

Just as Wendy was about to turn and leave, an eery chanting whisper stopped her. She carefully stepped forward towards the whispers, making sure whatever it was wouldn't hear her. As she got closer, she was able to hear a pattern and make sense of the whispers.