four//the sorting

*

*

Wendy's eyes shot open from her sleep. The cryptic images of her parents' lifeless bodies followed by other nightmarish images of evil figures following her at every moment disappeared as a dark train compartment filled her vision instead. Squinting, she took off her glasses to rub her eyes. Wendy looked out of the window and noticed on a sign that she had arrived to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She noticed the dark night's sky and panicked, quickly grabbing the things she brought with her onto the compartment and sprinted out of the compartment and down the narrow corridor of the train.

As Wendy sprinted down the corridor, she tripped over something and fell to the ground. Groaning, she turned back and felt something caught on her shoes. She got up and shook the feeling off her foot, and saw the boy with the glasses from the Leaky Cauldron, Harry, on the floor completely motionless with blood running from his nose.

"Shit," Wendy hissed. "I'm so sorry you were literally invisible!" She apologised. Harry didn't move or speak, but instead blinked furiously as if it were a cry for help. Wendy frowned and gently nudged him with her foot, realising that he was paralysed. She panicked slightly, not knowing what to do. She couldn't just leave him on the train floor like that, even if they didn't get along when they met, she felt it was wrong to leave him behind.

"What do I do?" She asked, "can you speak?" Harry instead continued to blink, trying to tell her somehow with his eyes to use the counter curse. Wendy had no idea what he was trying to tell her, and even if she did, she had no idea what spell she would use or how to cast it. Instead, she grabbed Harry by the shoulders and pulled him off the ground. Struggling slightly, she dragged him off the train. He wasn't too heavy for her, but it didn't help that his entire body was as stiff as a rock.

She stopped for a moment to drape an odd piece of fabric with a shimmering sheen over her shoulder. As she did, she notice her shoulder disappear with the fabric. Jumping at the sight, she dropped Harry onto the ground. He landed on his shoulder, which somehow wore off the binding spell and made him able to move again. Harry groaned and picked himself up from the floor, wiping away the blood that was dripping from his nose.

"S-sorry," Wendy suttered. Harry sighed, muttering that it was okay. He took his invisibility cloak off of Wendy and shoved it into his schoolbag. "Th-that makes you invisible?" She questioned.

"Yes, that's why you couldn't see me," Harry answered. "Why didn't you just use the unbinding spell?" He asked as they quickly got off the train before it left for London.

Wendy hesitated, "I don't know what that spell is..."

"Rennervate," Harry answered. The two quickly walked towards the Hogwarts castle. Wendy looked up in awe at the incredibly stone castle with many towers and tonnes of lights. Harry looked over to her and raised an eyebrow; he never would have thought to meet someone who didn't know of a spell at her age. She was odd, with the way that she looked at everything around her with such fascination and unfamiliarity, and how she was stunned by the effects of an invisibility cloak.