one // the mission

*

*

It was pouring down with rain despite it being late August, but of course English weather was normally grey and dismal all year round anyway. It just so happened to be coincidental that the sky was a dark grey, raining heavily on the day that Draco was ordered to complete a mission that was apart of his unwanted initiation.

His mother walked by him closely, being with him for emotional support for the depression he would face after the job was complete. She was against this completely, but she knew that her family had no say in anything, or they would be killed.

They stopped outside of the run down two story house numbered 28. Draco would normally scrunch up his nose and comment on how poor the house looked, but he was too focused on what he had to do.

The sight of the letter box almost convinced him to abandon the mission. It was wooden, painted pink, blue and purple. There were clouds drawn on it, angels, suns, all things happy. It was clear that the illustrations were done by a child, making Draco feel guilty for doing the mission before he even completed it.

His mother squeezed his hand tightly as he walked up to the front door, while she continued to stroll down the pavement, waiting for Draco to finish the job.

Draco had no idea how to execute this plan. His body was shaking. He didn't have the strength to forcefully kick the door down since he was too busy trying to not feel sick. The front door however, opened, revealing a short woman with black hair, dark brown eyes and a pale complexion. She raised an eyebrow at Draco, and turned around to call out to someone else in the house.

Draco knew he had definitely found the right place, since the woman was speaking a language that he recognised was Korean, and his targets were Korean. As the woman had her back turned, Draco raised his wand, and whispered the killing curse.

The woman's voice was cut off, and she fell to the ground, lifeless. Draco stepped over the dead body and wiped away the tears forming in his eyes. He felt an emptiness inside of him, like his soul did not feel whole anymore. He raised his wand again as he heard footsteps run down the stairs. The footsteps belonged to Jimin, and he stopped in the middle of the staircase, wide eyed as he looked down at his wife's dead body.

"H-Hana..." He whimpered. He looked at Draco, surprised to see that Voldemort would send such a young boy to do this kind of job. Jimin raised his hands in surrender, accepting that he had to die in order for his daughter to be safe.

Draco scowled at Jimin, "why are you giving in so easily?" He demanded. Jimin didn't answer Draco's question, instead he stood still and closed his eyes. Draco felt even worse about killing the Auror now that he was accepting it. He jumped as a clock in the house chimed three times, indicating that it was three in the afternoon.

Jimin's eyes widened, knowing that his daughter would be home soon. He looked at Draco with pleading eyes, wanting him to finish his job, "please," he begged.