two // diagon alley

*

*

After a long discussion with Dumbledore, Wendy had become fully convinced that magic was in fact real. However, Dumbledore did not mention anything about the prophecy or the Dark Lord, knowing that she was still not in the best shape after only recently discovering her parents' dead bodies.

The two apparated to a location unknown to Wendy. She hunched over and held onto her stomach, feeling sick from the unusual sensation of teleportation, that should be impossible, but wasn't.

"Don't worry Wendy, feeling sick after your first time apparating is normal," Dumbledore said. Wendy was confused for a moment due to Dumbledore not calling her Seohyun, but then nodded, remembering the alias. She was going to find it very difficult at the beginning to remember her name was now Wendy Park, but it was something she had to do.

Wendy squinted and shielded her eyes from the bright sun beating down on her. She cocked her head to the side in confusion as she looked up at the clear blue sky, confused as to why this part of London wasn't grey and rainy.

The pearly white building in front of them made Wendy fall into a trance. The golden letters on the building shined in the sunlight, almost barely readable as the light reflected into her eyes, but Wendy was able to read the fancy writing after staring for a few seconds.

"Gringotts Bank?" She said, puzzled. She turned to her right, where Dumbledore was standing, and jumped at the sight of him not there anymore. She looked around her for the old man, but could not spot him anywhere. She stood confused in front of the large bank, beginning to feel anxious as numerous people walked past her hurriedly with large shopping bags, staring at her oddly.

"Miss Park?" A low, rough sounding voice called out. Wendy jumped and turned in the direction the voice came from. Wendy's breath hitched as she noticed a giant man with bushy brown hair and a large beard stomp his way over to her. He wore a big smile on his face, comforting Wendy slightly. The man held out his abnormally large hand for Wendy to shake, "Dumbeldore asked me t' get you ready fer Hogwarts," he said cheerfully. "We have t' start here though, get yer money sorted."

"I haven't got any cash on me-"

"Nonsense, I'm sure yer dad left ye a vault full of gold!" Hagrid exclaimed. Upon the subject of her father, Wendy closed her eyes tightly, trying not to cry in public, but it was near impossible as she remembered the images of her dead parents on the floor of her living room that she witnessed only hours before. Hagrid hesitated, knowing that the girl had definitely not recovered from the trauma she had faced. He frowned as he wondered why Dumbledore had set her to be out and about, getting ready for Hogwarts so soon after the tragedy. He had been told that Wendy's parents passed awhile ago, so Hagrid only assumed she had recovered.

"Blimey girly, I'm sorry," he apologised, "we can start off getting some ice cream if you like-"

Wendy shook her head as she quickly wiped the tears off of her face. It was definitely hard to suppress her emotions so soon after a tragedy like this, but Wendy felt all eyes of those walking in the area on her, a feeling that made her struggle to breath and curl up into a ball.