Part 2

Cara's POV...

I walked home, passing through the local shops as i went by. I was stumbling in my ripped up shoes, making the skin under my holey socks bleed. I wish dad would just buy me a proper uniform, just like all the other kids. But he told me that school was a waste of time anyway, but if I ever mooched I knew he would hit me...twice as hard. If dad said no, I didn't do it, if dad said yes, I did. It was like my whole life revolved around dads opinion, dads health, dads rules, dads abuse. I'd watch other kids holding hands with their mums, climbing up the slides and falling into their dads arms at the bottom. I would just sit on the bench and watch, wishing I could be that young again, wishing mum was here and wishing dad was not.

**********

I got home and slumped down on the sofa, dad was out drinking. I flicked on the TV and started watching Glee. The screen flickered halfway through and went off. I screamed in anger and threw the remote at it. The screen smashed into smithereens, sending glass all over the floor and breaking a mobile that was on the coffee table. I soon realized it was dads phone. I ran my fingers through my hair in fear. What was he going to do when he seen it? Beat me up? Trash my room? Or worse? I quickly grabbed my torn schoolbag and shoved things inside, things I didn't even need. I grabbed several packets of crisps and my stationary, also an old nightie and a pair of dusty bed socks. I looked around and threw the key onto the kitchen worktop, causing a loud scratching sound. I didn't have time to look back, so I ran to the bus stop. The driver was Betty, we'd become sort of friends. She was an old lady who sometimes took charge when a bus driver was ill. I thanked Betty as she always let me on for free, as I'd kind of stold her the current circumstances. I smiled and sat at the front, watching the world go by as the tyres bumped down the street, into town centre. I got off and sat on a bench near Starbucks. I watched a boy and his girlfriend about my age walk in, it was Harrison and April, the jock and the slag from my class. I tried to duck down but they noticed me from inside the queue and walked back out, towards my way. 'Oh look who it is.' April sneered bending down to me. I was a small girl and the fact that she was wearing 6 inch heels made it worse. 'Woah, you been emptying the local skip Cara Lane the pain?' She hissed, holding her hand up to her nose. 'Or should I say, Have you been emptying your home?' She laughed, linking arms with Harrison. I watched him grin as she kicked my shins, just where dad had. 'Don't glare at me.' She hissed again, her face right up to mine. 'You're dead on Monday.' She whispered, walking off with Harrison. What a bitch right? I just sat there trying not to cry, I always tried not to but I couldn't help it. Mr Davies had told her off several times but she'd carry on, I was just scared that she would find out...find out my secret.