Part 7

Cara's POV

'You fancy Harrison you utter slag.' April hissed in my ear. That's what the posters were. Someone had seen me kissing Mr Davies in the hospital car park, but had mistake Mr Davies for Harrison, the most popular boy in school. April had got events on facebook and made pages so everyone would stick post it notes and posters around the school, broadcasting utter lies to the whole neighbourhood. I walked into school for the first time in a few days to dirty looks and getting food and pencils thrown in my face. I covered up the scars but dad had left one on my face, when he came back home he poured salt on it, causing me to scream in pure agony. As I walked home April and her girly gang followed me, I felt really nervous hearing them giggling and whispering a few centimetres away from me. I stopped and pretended to fiddle with my torn up bag to let them walk past, but they stopped by me and kicked my shins so I fell to the ground. 'Listen here hoe.' April sneered. 'Why would Harrison want you? It's obvious he wants me you're just an ugly trampy RAT!' She shouted in my face. Another girl slapped me and they threw me on the ground, and then they walked off like nothing happened. I wanted Mr Davies.

***********

I walked home to find that dad wasn't in. I sighed in relief and slumped down on the old settee, springs started digging in my sore legs so I got up and sat in the kitchen, on a counter. I wondered why my life was such a mess, why me? I don't know what I had done that was so bad. I sighed again and walked to my bedroom, I led down and started to dream, so I must've dropped off. I dreamed that Mr Davies came round, and he kissed me passionately, properly. Told me he love me. But I woke up an hour or so later to hear a bang and dad standing over me with the other half of broken glass. 'I heard you've been skipping school.' He shouted with his teeth clenched. My body froze as he lunged towards me once again.