Part 4

Cara's POV

'S-Sir?' I whispered, my eyes going big with excitement. He just stared at me shocked, I don't know who was more surprised, me or him. 'C-Cara Lane?' He stuttered, looking up and down my bruised and bloody body in horror. I can't believe he'd seen me like this. He'd tell the Police. I had to make up something, anything so dad wouldn't catch on. But what? 'What are you doing here?' I said, a little louder now but still in shock. He stared at me for a moment, then spoke. 'Well you wasn't in school and I knew your dad had a history in drinking so I thought I'd pop round to ask why you wasn't attending class today, and now....I'm glad I did.' I started fidgeting nervously, he was so kind and perfect in every way possible. I watched as he got out his mobile and started calling the ambulance service. I couldn't let him do that, dad would know! 'NO!' I screamed, a bit to loud. He just stared at me a bit taken aback and I blushed. 'Um, I mean...no, it's to much hassle...I mean, I'm....ok.' I said nervously. He looked me up and down again so I pulled down my sleeves trying to cover some bruises on my pale, ghostly arms. 'No, you have to go, Tell you what...I'll take you.' He replied. I started to get butterflys in my stomach, he would actually let me, one of his pupils, travel with him alone, in his car. I nodded solemnly and he come to pick me up, placing me in the seat next to the drivers seat.

**********

He turned on the radio but wouldn't talk, he just stared out of the window humming. I sat there awkwardly wondering if I should make conversation or just sit there twiddling my thumbs. 'Sir.' I said, but only realized afterwards as it had slipped out of my mouth. 'I shouldn't be doing this Cara.' He spoke, running his hands through his hair. 'You're a pupil, I shouldn't be taking you somewhere in my car.' He continued. I kicked myself inside. 'But Michael please!' I protested, tears dripping down my face. He just stared at me like I was some sort of down syndrome kid, his eyebrows raised. 'How do you know my first name?' He asked suspiciously, but then got back to driving. When we stopped at the hospital I was still crying and he guessed what was wrong, but that wasn't really it. 'Has you dad been abusing you Cara?' He calmly asked. I shook my head, no one could know, they couldn't ever know. I started crying loudly again an he cupped my face with his hand, comforting me. I didn't know what I was doing, I was looking into his eyes as my lips moved closer to his. Then I....I kissed him.