Part 3

Cara's POV...

Hit. Slap. Punch. I was out. He'd caught me, found me behind the back of KFC crying because I wanted mum back. I didn't see him coming as he grabbed me from behind, tugging at my straps making my bag tear, sending my belongings flying across the floor. 'MY STUFF!' I screamed, kicking and shouting. But this made him even more angry, especially the fact that he was also drunk. He started swearing at me as he threw me in the back off the car, his hand across my mouth. I saw people waking by and made attempts of muffled screams, but it was no good, and I knew what was going to happen when I got home, he was going to beat me up.

*********

I woke up witha throbbing headache, I couldn't feel my legs. I looked around to find no one there, dad was obviously out. I tried to get up but I couldn't. I couldn't even speak. 'Da-' I started to say, but only croaks came out. I moaned silently and tried to sleep, but I couldn't do that either. I couldn't do anything. I looked to see the window above my head, I knew I had to try and get out before dad came home. I thought about calling Mr Davies. But then I'd sound like some sort of stalker. After all, wouldn't it be a bit weird if a pupil knew his address, phone number and first name? I started to speak again but could feel the blood from my nose dripping into my mouth, causing me to a feel a horrible metally taste. I spat it out onto my polo shirt and started banging the walls with my elbows. They started to hurt after a while so I stopped. The clock on the wall read 12.34pm. Oh no! I started school at 9am. They'd wonder where I was....but maybe that's a good thing? I heard the familar sound of a phone ringing, then realized it was the house phone. I needed to answer it...but I couldn't. I slowly felt myself fall asleep, the waken up a while later to find Mr Davies standing over me. I thought I was first in a dream, then i realized it was reality.