Chapter 12

Alan held her for several hours until she managed to fall asleep. Once she did, he slipped away and went to the kitchen. He sat on a stool and sipped his tea. In no way, shape, or form, could he have prepared himself for that. She almost jumped... He would have lost her forever. The balcony was three stories high. 

"Fuck." He rubbed his face and sighed heavily. He'd have to figure out why. He heard the floor creak and turned to see Kaycee, wearing his large sweater and rubbing her eyes. She wouldn't even look at him. She was embarrassed and he knew that. 

"How are you feeling?" She merely nodded, not wanting to speak. Alan sighed again. She went to grab a glass but it slipped from her grasp and crashed to the floor causing her to jump. Alan quickly stood and was at her side. "It's alright. It's just a glass. We have plenty of them." He turned her gaze to his and smiled, causing her to blush and give a small smile. He cleaned up the glass and ushered her over to the couch after getting her a plastic cup and filling it with water. She sat down and Alan crouched down in front of her. "Babygirl, how are you feeling?" She put the cup down and looked at him. 

"I-" Tears crowded her vision within seconds. "I'm sorry." Alan sighed, caressing her cheek gently. 

"Listen to me, I'm not mad." She looked up at him. "I'm just confused and a little upset." 

"Why aren't you mad?" Alan smiled softly.

"I would be more heartbroken than anything, especially if I lost you. I am not mad, however," This caused Kaycee to look away. "However.." She brought her gaze back to his slowly. "I would like to talk about what happened, if you are ready." Kaycee nodded and pulled him onto the couch and curled up against him.

"I want to start off by saying that it had nothing to do with you." Alan nodded. "I've been dealing with depression and this kind of thing since I was little. It comes and goes but when something significant happens and it's negative, it can throw off the balance in my brain and i just kinda lose myself." Alan tilted her gaze to look at her. 

"But you almost.." She nodded. 

"I know.." She chewed her lip. 

"What can I do to help?" She smiled softly. 

"I guess just keep an eye on me for a few days. It'll pass and I'll be fine." Alan nodded and kissed her temple. 

"You scared the hell out of me." 

"I'm so sorry." He kissed her lips and smiled. 

"As long as you'll be okay." She nodded. 

"As long as you're here, I'll be fine." He smirked at her and kissed her again.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next few days it felt as if Alan was walking on eggshells, but Kaycee seemed to be doing much better as the days progressed and before he knew it she was back to being herself. He was laying on the couch in the living room when Kaycee came barreling in making a cacophony of ridiculous noises. She flopped on top of him, causing a strained "oof" to come from Alan. She began to snuggle him and Alan chuckled, causing a low rumbling in his chest that Kaycee found herself relaxing to. Alan kisses her head and rubbed small circles on her back before she sat up, straddling his waist. 

"What is it, my love, that has you in such a state of excitement?" She scowled playfully.

"You know exactly what it is." Alan smirked.

"Do I?" He smirked again as Kaycee began to narrow her eyes at him. He chuckled and placed his hands on her hips, rubbing them gently with his thumbs. 

"I saw the trailer..." Alan prepared himself. "Can we go?! I wanna go! Please please please please pleaseeeeee?" Alan chuckled and acted aloof. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He smirked up at his excited little treasure. 

"Oh come oooooon. Alan....pleaseeeeee?" He smiled again and sat up, her legs wrapping around is waist. He slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out two small slips of paper. "Kaycee, will you go to the premiere with me?" She screeched and flung her arms around his neck. "I'll take that as a yes." She giggled and pulled back from the hug, kissing him until she froze and panic filled her eyes. However, Alan was anything but worried. 

"What am I-" Alan kissed her quickly to interrupt her. 

"In my closet, there is a little gift for you." She squealed again and bolted up the stairs into his room. Alan smirked as he heard her screech. He made his way over to the staircase as she peered over the banister. 

"You.." He smirked. 

"I take it you like the dress?" She nodded and flew down the stairs, landing in his arms.

"Very much." She kissed him again.