Chapter 21

(brief "Smut"...yes i know.. It's a weird place in the story but there's a good reason. Also a lot of short time skips)

4 hours....5...6....7 hours passed as Alan sat nervously waiting. Finally. Finally at hour 8, he saw Dr. Jackson walking towards him. He shot up immediately and looked at her with pleading eyes. She said nothing as she motioned him to follow her. When they reached the room, Kaycee was still asleep.

"Alan, we saved the leg but there was extensive damage. The healing process will be a long one, but she'll be okay." Alan took a deep breath and nodded, smiling softly. "She should wake up within the hour. Just be gentle with her, she'll be in a fair amount of pain." Alan nodded again as Dr. Jackson exited the room. After about thirty minutes, Kaycee slowly opened her eyes. She winced at the pain. She looked at Alan who was sitting next to her smiling. She went to shift and felt a short burst of pain in her knee. She ripped the covers off of her leg and felt herself let out a breath she had no idea she was holidng. She took a deep breath as she realized her leg was still there. Alan began to rub her back lightly.

"How are you?" She sighed, hearing him speak calmed her. The fact that he hadn't run out on all of this was baffling to Kaycee.

"I...I'm good.." Alan nodded and kissed her temple.

"I'm here, okay?" She nodded and slowly laid back into the pillows. "They want to keep you here for the few days to make sure there is no infection." Kaycee nodded. Alan had decided, much against Kaycee's constant protesting, to stay every single night until she was discharged. About a week later, when everything checked out they were discharged and Alan wheeled Kaycee out to the car. Kaycee was staring out the window, still mildly uncomfortable with being in a car. Alan gently placed his hand on her thigh. She jumped slightly. He rubbed small circles on her inner thigh with his thumb. She took a deep breath and leaned her head back against the headrest. Alan had decided to bring her back to the flat so the girls could help her. He also decided that he would be staying at the flat until she felt comfortable. The girls were very helpful through the next few weeks, always offering to help and making sure Kaycee's mood stayed upbeat, since she would be in a lot of pain. After the girls made sure Kaycee ate, they let her go into her room, where Alan was waiting. She had been restricted to a wheelchair, since the doctor didn't want her walking on her leg, but she had adapted quite quickly and managed to figure ways to move around. Alan insisted that he help her in the tub and getting into bed, of course all of the thing that are supposed to be sexy.

"Alan, I can get dressed by myself." Kaycee chuckled as Alan took off her shirt and threw it in the laundry basket.

"So?" Alan smirked as he leaned down and kissed her neck. "I like helping." Kaycee closed her eyes and sighed softly. They hadn't had sex in too long. Kaycee hadn't necessarily been in a large amount pain so she decided to push the proverbial envelope. She scooched backward onto the bed and laid back.

"Then help me." Alan growled low and slowly inched her leggings off of her. His eyes lingered on the dark green panties that clung to her. She blushed as he gently spread her legs and crawled on top of her. He placed one of his thighs in between her legs and pressed against her. She gasped softly and began to grind into it. He leaned down and grazed his lips against her ear as he leaned in and applied more pressure with his thigh.

"That's a good girl." His voice as low as he growled against her ear as her hips rocked. "Show me how much you miss me." She bit down hard on her lower lip and whimpered softly as he pushed her heat harder against his thigh. Slow.. achingly slow, Alan moved his thigh out from in between her legs. She groaned in protest as her chest heaved. Alan smirked and quickly removed his shirt and pants. Alan gently placed his under her right thigh , then proceeded to do the same to the left but herd Kaycee's breath hitch and felt her flinch so he stopped. "Do you want me to stop?" Kaycee sighed and covered her face, groaning in frustration.

"I'm sorry." Alan smirked.

"Baby, you're fine. If you don't want to.." She sat up.

"I want to, like a whole lot." Alan chuckled. "It's my damn leg..." She groaned again and began t feel frustrated. "It hurts all the damn time..."  Alan nodded and sat next to her.

"I understand. You'll be healed soon and then we can do whatever you want." He leaned in a kissed her cheek. "I'm a patient man, and.." He kissed her jaw, then next to her lips. As long as i get to kiss you." He kissed her lips softly. "I'll be just fine." Kaycee smiled and kissed him again.

"Thank you." He chuckled.

"Of course, my love." Alan then moved up towards the head of the bed and patted the spot next to him after he was under the covers. Kaycee quickly followed suit and curled up against him. She smiled as she felt how warm he was as he wrapped his arm around her waist and buried his face into her neck.  Alan placed a kiss on her shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled and closed her eyes. She knew it would take time to heal but she was happy that he was being so patient and understanding. She was about drift off to sleep when a loud crashing jolted both her and Alan upright.