FØŪR

2012

"Hey Luke." Caroline dropped her backpack in her room.

"Hey Caro." Luke smiled at her.

"I have homework to do." She groaned.

"What kind of homework?" Luke anticipated the answer to be Math.

"Math."

Luke was excited. "I'm great at Math, I can help you."

Caroline smiled widely at him. "Thank you!"

Caroline took a seat in her bed and sat next to Luke. "What do you need help with?" Luke asked.

"Everything." Caroline chuckled, embarrassed.

"Got it." Luke laughed in return. "Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I can't help."

"I suppose." Caroline rolled her eyes, getting back up to grab her homework and a pencil, then ran back and jumped on her bed again. "Now, teach me the ways of Math."

"I will show you the world." Luke sang.

"For a dead man, you have a really nice voice. You should like, sing me to sleep every night. Like holy crap-"

"I get it." Luke laughed. "Thank you." He blushed. His blush wasn't visible to her but he felt it.

"No problem, Lu-"

"Caroline Violet Walker!" Caroline's mom stared at her as she stormed into the room.

"Mom!" Caroline shouted. "I swear, it was nothing." She pleaded.

"You know what we said if you 'talked' to Luke again." Her mom crossed her arms.

"Mom, I'm not crazy!" Caroline began to cry.

"Get in the car, Caroline." Her mom demanded and walked out of the room.

Luke stood up and rushed to Caroline. "What's wrong? What's happening?" Luke worriedly asked.

"She said if I talked to you again she'd take me to a therapist. She thinks I'm Schizophrenic." Caroline began to cry harshly.

"You're not!" Luke tried to comfort her.

"Why can't you show her?" Caroline screamed.

"Because, if I try nothing will happen. I can't do anything in front of her or your parents or anyone crucial to the curse!" Luke explained. Caroline cried harder and ran.

"Caroline!" Luke screamed, and teleported to the front door. She just shut the front door and she was gone.

++++

"She started 'talking' to Luke when she was 4. Me and her father both thought is was cute that she had an imaginary friend. She still 'talks' to him. She swears he's real."

"He is real! He's just a ghost! He's dead, and only I can seem him! You have to believe me!" Caroline screamed.

"Honey, why can't you just ask him to use his ghostly powers to show me?" Her mom turned to her.

"He can't. Whenever he tries, it doesn't work. You're crucial to a curse he's stuck in that won't break. I'm the key. He just won't explain more." Caroline explains, hoping they'd understand. "Hannah knows it's real. He was able to do something in front of her."

"Doing one of your magic tricks doesn't count, Caroline." Her mom rolled her eyes.

"Mom, I'm not crazy!" She screamed.

"Do you still hang out with your friends?" The therapist lady asked.

"Well yeah, but even if I didn't have them I still have Luke, Michael, and Calum." Caroline explained.