Drip

Inside the dim gray of the cell walls, I am kept

The familiar scent of mold and mildew fill my lungs

And the constant dripping water from atop my cell

Drip

My only light comes from the cell window allowing the foreboding moonlight into my cell

Drip

The rough and hard cement floor as cold as the cell is dim, my only heat comes from the blighted moonlight.

Drip

Footsteps are near, I hear them, cladding down the painfully echoing hall. But nothing shows up, leaving me with the maddening water drip.

Drip

The voices sing to the beat of the drip, embodied by the fading moonlight, and enclosed by the gray walls.

Drip

The song warms my body, but also shoots through me like a bitter cold winter night breeze.

Drip

Louder do the voices grow, Louder, Louder. They always get louder when I sing along.

Drip

The moonlight siren, now surely leading me to my end. Discovered, the siren screams.

Drip

I scream along with it, everyone screams when the end is near.

Drip

The smell of copper fills the air as I approach the cell window.

Drip

The gray walls are painted crimson now.

Drip

A loud thud hits the ground, shaking my surroundings.

Drip

The siren can no longer sing their song.

Drip

So I can no longer sing along.

Drip

Warmth sprays onto  me  and paints the room red, bringing everything out of my head.

Drip

A queen sized bed, white sheets now stained red... both my daughter and wife now lay dead, where they used to lay their head.

Drip

There is always a price to pay...

Drip

To make it all go away.

Drip

But I am still in debt. The carpeted floor still remains white, but we both know how to change that.

Drip

Just one quick move, swift and deep, and repay the debt created by my atrocious feat.

Drip

My vision fades as I watch my past wilt away. Watching the lie unravel to reveal the truth to me.

Drip

All of this, everything that happened to Jesse and Marie: all of it, caused by little ol' me. I watch as a bead of crimson rolls down the knife, chasing the floor. And just like me, it has reached its end and it hits the floor.

Drip