Chapter 1

Lucas' POV

Peyton's blood stained the front of my white polo.

I helplessly looked at the ceiling in the chapel ; at the hospital. The tears dried up against my face.

"WHY PEYTON!? WHY HER!? WHY NOW WHY US WHY DID THIS ALL HAVE TO HAPPEN?!" I yelled while throwing my phone. Brooke walked in biting her lip.

"How is she?.."  she whispered while trying to fight back the tears. I threw my hands up in the air,

"I haven't had the courage to check!

"She's going to be okay Luke!"

"And if she's not?! and if the baby isn't? Brooke.. everything's falling apart." my head fell into my hands.

"ill leave you alone for a little.. im going to go check on Peyton." Brooke gave me a hug and walked out.

"Peyton baby.. I don't know if youre up there or not but if you are babe.. I just want you to know that I love you. If you are, don't.. don't let me go."

flashback *7th grade*

"Lucas Scott you are insane!" Peyton laughed with a smile

"Yes I am!, only insanely in love with you.." I stuttered

She gave me a sincere smile.

"Lucas. I-"

I cut her off "im sorry. I've been holding that in forever..I've just wanted to tell you for a really longtime and yea im sorry.." I grabbed my books off my desk and walked off.

"LUCAS!" Peyton grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

"Lucas I'm in love with you too." she smiled.

Without hesitation, I pulled her in to kiss her, for the very first time.

"I've wanted this for so long.."I smiled.

"and now.. we can have it." her lips met mine, once again.

Tears rolled down my face. I need Peyton..i need to know if she's okay..

Flashback (2) 12th grade 

"BABE!" Peyton found me in the halls.

"Happy 5 years my love" I kissed her lips.

"we're like ancient!"  she laughed.

"Whens the wedding?' Nathan said jokingly while walking up to us.

"oh god! you'll see."  I gave him a look while smirking at Peyton.

I snapped out of it as Haley and Nathan walked in with Jamie.

"Lucas!' Haley yelled, while still in her dress from the wedding.

I gave Nathan a hug while looking at Haley.

"Sorry I didn't call.. I was so caught up in everything. In full honesty, everything just slipped from my mind." i whispered, to hide my on coming tears.

"No worries!.. we didn't bother trying to find her room, we figured you'd be in here instead.." Nathan gave me a hopeless smile.

"So how is she?" Haley asked.

i began to cry. "I HAVENT EVEN CHECKED!" I yelled with guilt.

"its okay! Cmon, we will go together." Nathan grabbed my arm.

"No i cant.. i cant bare to see her lifeless body lay so peacefully..i cant stand to see all the equipment all over her.. i just cant do it." i sighed.

Haley readjusted Jamie in her arms, "but you can! cmon.."

i sighed, once again, "i really cant.. cmon guys, you go! and plus.. im pretty sure Brooke is in there anyway..

They both gave me a look of sympathy, and walked out. I cant just sit here on this bench all day feeling sorry for myself.   I looked up at all the stained glass paintings in the Chapel. Another tear escaped my eye.. i looked down at my shoes. My heart began to race fast.. i wiped the tears off my eyes, making room for the new ones about to fall, as i saw a drop of Peyton's blood, dried on my shiny black boot.

A nurse walked into the Chapel, startling me.

"Lucas Scott?' she asked.

"yeah that's me !" i jumped up.

"Theres someone id like you to see.." she smiled.

i got up with my heart racing, i followed her into the room.

My stomach filled with butterflies, my eyes filled with tears, i could not believe what i was seeing, was really here.