0.1

I sat in silence and groaned, Archie had went off to help our dad with work and I was left home alone. Normally I would've hung out with my mom if she wasn't working or maybe even go with her. Also, I would be with my mom, in my room, not having the stress of being closeted on my chest. My mother knew that I was a lesbian, she knew and hadn't told anybody because it wasn't her place to tell. Apparently it was just her place to abandon her family and then leave her daughter in the dust to actually talk to her father.

"Goddamn it." I cursed as I dropped a bottle on the ground. I decided on putting on real clothes and visiting Betty, hoping she was home. Her mother wasn't the fondest of my family and I guess by association, wasn't really that fond of me either. Despite the fact that I was different from my family, apparently so much so that Betty had thought I was just another one of Archie's buddies that lived nearby.

I knocked on Betty's door and prepared a fake smile in case it was her mother. Alice Cooper was not exactly a nice lady, quite the opposite at times, but she knew when to drop the facade around me. When I'd had my heart broken by a girl a couple of summers ago, I for some reason, had trusted her enough to use her as a resort. The door swung open and Hal Cooper smiled at me, he was the one that I had the most problems with.

"Alexandra, here to see Betty?" He asked and I nodded. "I'll go get her, come inside."

"Thank you Hal." I said and he smiled, biting back a comment. I sat on the couch and waited, but it was soon over whenever Betty came walking into the living room looking stressed. "What's up buttercup?"

"I'm having dinner with your brother tonight." Betty said and it was no secret that she had a crush on my brother. "I kind of was wondering if you'd tag along, but not get in the way?"

"I mean, I would love to." I said and Betty smiled brightly. "How about I text Kevin and we get you ready?"

"Yeah, totally." Betty said and I texted Kevin and he was over quickly. We spent the day just hanging out, watching a bit of TV, talking about our summers, and Kevin giving me looks whenever I smiled at Betty.

"Tone it down." He said and I gave him a confused look. "The flirting, I get it, you're a lesbian and that's neat, but I know you aren't out yet and I doubt having Alice out you is going to end well."

"Alice wouldn't." I said and he gave me a look. "Trust me, she's had the chance to before."

"What?" Kevin asked and I looked down. "Did you bang Betty's mom?"

"No, there was a girl that I liked, she kind of broke my heart, and I came here and Alice comforted me since Betty was off at a sleepover." I said and Kevin looked surprised. "I mean, she was a bit less of a Joan Crawford type mom and a bit more of a nice person. It was almost like she sympathized with me."

"Alice Cooper sympathize, that's funny." Kevin joked and as Betty got ready for her date, I laid on the bed, flipping through a magazine. While Betty's room was perfect and pink, mine was a dark mess. I had my walls alternating between blood red and black, things scattered on the floor and on the bottom bunk of my bed. "You need to take that red bull by the horns."

"Kevin!" I yelled throwing a pillow at him. "That's my brother and besides, everyone knows I'm the hotter Andrews."

"It's all a preference honey and your wet dream of a twin fits mine perfectly." Kevin said and I gagged. Kevin ended up leaving and Betty and I went to Pop's and waited for Archie. Archie sat next to me and across from Betty. Things went normally until she walked in, getting both all of Archie and my attention.

"Hello." I said quietly. Unlike Archie, I wasn't always a super smooth player. Actually he was 90% fuck boy and I was 90% cinnamon roll as Kevin liked to put it. "I-I'm Alex."

"Veronica Lodge." She said and I shook her hand. She talked with Archie and Betty, seeming to care a bit more about them than me. I guess that I shouldn't be jealous, but I couldn't help it, she was what I wanted. When she left and the door closed behind her Betty seemed a bit less okay than normal and I decided to speak up and get something on the table.

"Dibs." I said and Archie looked at me funny. That was when I remembered that I wasn't out yet, they didn't know that I liked girls. "Dibs on these fries, I mean, you're not eating them, so I might as well. Wouldn't want these to get cold."

"Yeah, they're all yours." Archie said through side glances. When it was all over and I was home, I went into full panic mode and tried not to die in the middle of my bedroom floor. I ended up putting headphones on and falling asleep to Chop Suey by System of a Down. In one day, I'd managed to meet the girl I didn't realize I wanted and nearly outed myself to my brother and one of my childhood besties.