1.4

Skip to first day of school. 

Archie sat at the breakfast table, eating as his mother tried to get everything ready for Alex. She'd been off of school for a long time, but was a senior due to all the work she'd gotten done over her break. He put his plate in the sink and turned around to see his sister half dressed and looking extremely tired. 

"This is why we sleep instead of staying up until the early hours of the morning to talk to girls." Archie teased and Alex hit his arm. "Cheryl asked if you were playing basketball this year." 

"It's softball season right now, so I'm playing that then basketball." Alex said and Archie nodded. "I need hair dye." 

"Yeah, I'm sure mom will love that." Archie said sarcastically and Alex grabbed a possibly clean shirt from the couch. "That's my shirt." 

"I don't care." Alex said and Archie sighed. "I'm going to go eat breakfast with Veronica." 

"Not before I get my baby's last first day of school picture." Their mother said and Alex put her backpack on and stood in front of the door outside. Archie stood next to her and then got his picture taken, their mother not letting up on that tradition. 

"Senior year here I come!" Alex yelled getting into her car. She'd traded in the truck and dirt bike for a fairly nice car at the mechanic's a week and a half earlier, deciding that this year would be her year. 

"Be safe, have a good day, and don't forget your softball stuff." Mary said, handing Alex a sports bag. 

"Thanks mom, love you." Alex said before waiting for her mother to step back so she could pull out. The drive to Veronica's was Alex singing along to various songs on the radio until she pulled into the large apartment building's parking lot. She ran up to Veronica's apartment and knocked on the door. 

"Alex, you're early." Veronica said, a robe around her body. 

"No, you told me 7." Alex said and Veronica pulled her inside. "You're just running late." 

"You look cute today. Is that Archie's shirt?" Veronica asked and Alex nodded. "You should wear mine instead." 

"You are small, it'd be a crop top on me." Alex said and Veronica poked her stomach. Alex followed her back to her bedroom and laid down on her bed. Veronica tossed her a shirt that would be tight and almost see-through, but would technically work. "Thanks,  this smells like his cologne anyways." 

"It doesn't mix with you very well babe." Veronica said and Alex put her head in her lap. "You look tired." 

"I am very tired, somebody kept me up until 1:30." Alex said and Veronica looked at her apologetically. 

"Get up so I can get dressed." Veronica said and Alex sat up and then flopped back down when Veronica was away from the bed. "What should I wear?" 

"The robe, nothing has ever looked that good on you before." Alex said and Veronica kissed her cheek before going to her closet. She went into the bathroom and came out a bit later in a short-ish black dress and smirking as Alex's jaw fell to the floor. "I stand mistaken, everything looks amazing on you. Especially that dress, but I kind of want to know what it'll look like on the floor." 

"Girls, school," Hermione said and both of them jumped. "Also, Alex, at least wait until her parents are out of the house before you start trying to get her out of her dress." 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Lodge," Alex mumbled, face as red as her brother's hair. Veronica smirked and watched as her mother left before turning to face Alex. She pulled her girlfriend off of her bed and then the two of them walked out of her apartment, hand in hand. "That was embarrassing. I mean, she liked me a lot before, but I'm honestly terrified of her. I mean, she doesn't think I'm some miscrient does she?"