1.3

"Wake up." Mary said leaning down to see her daughter shift, fearing anybody touching her body. "I gotta go, emergency in Chicago." 

"Love you." Alex said and Mary smiled at her daughter. "When are you really leaving?" 

"After breakfast, so get dressed." Mary said and Alex nodded. She got up slowly and grabbed a shirt from the floor and put it on. "You're wearing that?" 

"Yes." Alex said, following her mother to the car. Archie drove them to a new place that opened up close to the airport. "Who all is here?" 

"People." Archie said and Alex gave him a look. She got out of the car and was immediately hugged by Veronica and Cheryl, neither one caring about her wicked sunburn. "Guys, she's still sore." 

"Sorry." Veronica said and Cheryl pressed in a bit harder before letting go. "Hungry?" 

"I mean, I guess." Alex said and they found a table. They ordered, Alex immediately knowing what she wanted just from the smell of the place. Their food came quickly and Alex started eating the second the waiter left. "Holy mother of Satan." 

"You make no sense." Archie said and Alex shrugged. They ate, exchanging some light conversation here and there before Archie took his mom to the airport. After that he went to work, Cheryl left to go organize something for the Vixens and Veronica decided they'd have a fun day together. 

"What do you want to do?" Veronica asked and Alex shrugged. "You should enroll in school again." 

"I don't know, might take time away from my work." Alex joked and Veronica gave her a look. "Fine, but you have to come to every single one of my games." 

"That's a given." Veronica said and Alex smiled. "I saw a picture of you last night." 

"Oh really?" Alex asked and Veronica nodded. 

"You were quite the softball player in your youth." Veronica said jokingly and Alex nodded. "Play this year, sign ups are today." 

"Goddamn, I guess." Alex said and Veronica smiled. They drove to enroll in the school, then went to sign up for softball. After that, Alex insisted they drive to an arcade a few miles away from town. "I wrote you a song." 

"Oh yeah?" Veronica asked and Alex nodded. "When can I hear it?" 

"If I ever get a record deal, that'll be the first song I release." Alex said and Veronica smiled. "Tomorrow, I'm actually going over to Josie's, visiting her dad. Maybe I could get a little something that way." 

"Sounds fun." Veronica said and Alex opened the door for her. "Why did I let you pick this out?" 

"Because it's a fun date." Alex said and Veronica gave her a look. "I'll take you to a movie, something romantic and cheesy, we can make out in the back." 

"Sounds wonderful." Veronica said and Alex kissed her. They played games, Alex teaching Veronica how to get a perfect skee-ball game before going over to the basketball game and spending a bunch of coins on that. They stopped a bit for lunch, Alex believing the arcade had the best pizza in town. 

"Jesus." Alex said and Veronica rolled her eyes. 

"Remind me to take you to New York, they have the absolute best pizza you'll ever have." Veronica said and Alex nodded. "Much better than whatever you can find in Chicago." 

"Deep dish is a disaster." Alex said and Veronica smiled. "Archie loved it though, always thought if you needed a fork to eat it, it's not pizza." 

"God I love you." Veronica said and Alex got really pale. "Sorry, that was way too soon." 

"No, it's cool, I don't think I love you, but I think I can." Alex said and Veronica smiled. "I'll leave it at I'm really fond of you and would be quite sad if you were to not want to hang out with me anymore." 

"That's almost better than you loving me." Veronica said and Alex shrugged. "Wanna spend the night?" 

"Is your mom okay with that?" Alex asked and Veronica nodded. "Cool, yeah, I'd like to." 

"Great and you can meet my dad." Veronica said and Alex kissed her cheek. They played for a couple more hours before going to the movies and getting to Veronica's around 10. 

"I can't believe you wouldn't let me kiss you the entire movie." Alex whined and Veronica looked at her, eyes slightly teary. "Did that movie really fuck you up that badly?" 

"It was sad Alex, admit it." Veronica said and Alex shrugged. She hugged Veronica tightly, but immediately let go when they heard two throats being cleared at the same time. 

"You were out late." Hermione said and Alex nodded. "How was your day?" 

"Good, watched a movie." Veronica said, sniffling. "Went to the arcade." 

"I regret the movie." Alex said and Veronica looked down. "Veronica, it ended happily." 

"Yeah, but his wife died." Veronica said and Alex put her head in her hands, crouching down. 

"It's a children's movie." Alex said and Veronica's parents watched with amused looks on their faces. "A theater was playing Up and I made the mistake of picking that one." 

"Don't make too much noise girls." Hiram said and Alex nodded. Veronica's parents went to bed and Alex followed her to her room. Veronica turned on Netflix and Alex found a comedy, deciding on Jay and Silent Bob. 

"You're an idiot." Veronica muttered and Alex kissed her. 

"But I'm your idiot." Alex said, almost making yourself gag at how cheesy Alex was. "You love me." 

"You're not wrong." Veronica said, kissing Alex neck. That slowly started a make out sessions, resulting in Alex's shirt being discarded and things getting fairly heavy until something in the movie happened and Alex fell off of the bed laughing, nearly taking Veronica onto the floor too.