0.6

3rd POV

"Fuck!" Alex screamed slamming her fist into the wall. Archie opened the door, a look of concern on his face. "It's okay Arch, I'm okay."

"Is your hand stuck?" Archie asked and Alex nodded. He got her hand out and took her to the hospital to get a cast on it. "I guess we're really twins now."

"Yeah, I guess so." Alex said laughing. "Wanna get milkshakes?"

"Um, I guess so." Archie said before calling in an order to Pop's. The police had just opened it up to the public a little over a week after Fred was murdered there. "It'll be ready in like 5 minutes, I'll run and get it and then come back here."

"Be careful Archie." Alex said and he nodded before running to Alex's car. As Alex was waiting for Archie, Veronica and Betty came in. "Hello ladies."

"Hey." Betty said hugging Alex. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm super okay. It's just a broken hand and wrist, nothing that I haven't had before." Alex said and Veronica nodded. "Archie's picking up a milkshake for me from Pop's."

"It's open again?" Veronica asked and Alex nodded. "That's surprising, I mean someone was murdered there."

"My dad used to tell me that you can't be upset while you're drinking a milkshake from Pop's." Alex said and Archie came in and handed her the milkshake before hugging Veronica. "Thank you Arch."

"Pop gave me a free slice of pie." Archie said before handing it to Alex. "I think you need the pie more than me."

"Here." Alex said before cutting it in half with a plastic fork. She handed half of it to Archie and then ate the rest while it was still warm. "So, when can I go home?"

"Soon." Archie said and Alex smiled. "But an adult has to sign you out."

"Shit, Betty call your mom for me please?" Alex asked and Veronica shook her head.

"Nonsense, my mom is here. I'll just tell her to sign for you and we can drive you home." Veronica said and Alex smiled at her.

"If I didn't know better I'd say you liked me." Alex said and Veronica blushed. When Alex got checked out it was around 11 PM and it was decided that instead of going to school Archie and Alex would join Hermione at Andrews Construction with building things.

"Ugh, I forgot how much I loved not having to do this." Alex said and Archie rolled his eyes. "Seriously, this is hard with only one hand. Kind of happy that Cheryl and I split before I did this."

"Why?" Archie asked and Alex smirked and he gagged. "That's disgusting Alex, seriously."

"I'm sorry, but it's true, she liked holding my hand sometimes during sex." Alex said and Archie walked away briskly. "Hey, you're supposed to be helping me move things Arch."

"Alex, what do you want for lunch?" Hermione asked and Alex shrugged.

"Um, can you get me a milkshake from Pop's?" Alex asked and Hermione nodded.

"Anything else?" Hermione asked and Alex shook her head. Alex worked until the milkshake got there and ate with the workers, all of which gave their condolences.

"Hey." Archie said sitting down next to Alex. "Is that seriously all you got?"

"Yeah, it's all I wanted." Alex said and Archie handed her a part of his burger. She took it knowing that it'd cause a scene if she didn't and she gave him a drink of her shake. "I guess some things don't really change do they?"

"What do you mean?" Archie asked and Alex motioned to the two of them.

"We looked out for each other back then and we do it now too. Only this time, we're kind of all the other has." Alex said and Archie nodded. "Are you holding up okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." Archie said before turning to his sister. "What about you?"

"The fact that I punched through a wall yesterday because of a game tells you everything." Alex said laughing. "I mean, I try to keep everything bottled up because if I don't, you worry about me and if you worry about me, you could get hurt. If you get hurt because you were too busy worrying about me, that means I've hurt practically everybody that's close to me."

"Alex, I'll worry about you no matter how you seem. I'm more worried if you're calm all the time." Archie said and Alex smiled at him. "You're the angry firecracker, going off on anyone that makes you angry."

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Alex said and Archie smiled at her. "I remember when we were 12 and Reggie called me stupid and I hit him with a math book."

"That was great." Archie said and Alex took another drink of the shake. "Does it work?"

"Yeah, it makes things feel just a bit better. Reminds me of him." Alex said passing the drink to her brother. "You're kind of the head of the house now."

"When do you think mom will come down?" Archie asked and Alex shrugged.

"Soon hopefully, I mean, we're literally just hanging out in his house with no adult there most of the time. I mean, sure Alice comes by to check on us, but really, it's kind of a hazard." Alex said before standing up. "Let's get back to work, there's still a lot of stuff to move."

"Yeah there is." Archie said and they spent the rest of the day working hard. The next day Archie went back to school, but Alex went back to work, deciding that it was easier for her to cope with things if she could think while she did something. Despite the fact she was the less physical one out of her family, this seemed to relax her and wasn't as emotional as pouring herself into writing or music.