Chapter 3

Time skip to where Archie and Veronica start hooking up.

"Damn you're cute when you're jealous." Josie said sitting next to me. "You've got to let it go, they're not even dating yet."

"Josie last night I could hear them. You have no idea how badly I wish that I would've stayed in Chicago. God, I hate my life." I said groaning loudly.

"It's not like there's a lot you can do anyway." Josie said and I shrugged. "Archie is Archie, girls like to fall for him. I'm sure that someone will come around and fall for you."

"Josie, can I tell you something?" I asked and she nodded. "You can't tell a single person, but I'm gay."

"Oh honey I know. You're obvious dear, it's in the way you look at Veronica." Josie said and I nodded. "Wait a minute, why don't you and Betty try going out?"

"Betty Cooper won't be interested in me." I said and Josie gave you a look. "Alice Cooper wouldn't let me close enough to Betty for a date."

"You don't know that." Josie said and I swallowed your nerves and walked over to Betty. I immediately stopped whenever Jughead came over and put his arm around her. I turned around and sat back down next to Josie. "That's rough."

"Yeah, if you don't mind, I'm going to go find someone who's a bit more emotionally damaged to hang out with." I said standing and grabbing your backpack.

"Cheryl!" Josie yelled and the red haired vixen walked over. "You should go out with Alex, you'd be a total power couple. Chalex."

"Alex don't have Josie do your dirty work." Cheryl said before grabbing my hand. "But I'd love to. About time you got your ass out of that closet."

"Man, Archie's going to flip shit." I said and Cheryl shrugged, not caring a whole lot. We walked down the halls and there were a couple of weird looks from people but Cheryl shot them down quickly.

"Bummer you didn't stick with the Vixens." Cheryl said and I shrugged. "You'd better the best damn basketball player though."

"I will be." I said and Cheryl kissed my cheek. "So, my dad is making dinner tonight, would you like to join us?"

"I'd love to." Cheryl said and the rest of my classes went by easily. I stayed at Vixens practice with Cheryl and shot baskets, practicing for when I actually had tryouts. "Alex, honey, I need a second opinion on this routine."

"Cheryl, I don't know anything about dancing." I said and she took my ball and threw it into the bleachers. "Okay, looks like I'm watching you dance."

"Good." She said and the music started. Watching her dance was amazing, her body moved perfectly and that's when I caught sight of Veronica and Betty. When the music stopped there was a look on her face that I don't think I'd ever seen before.

"I liked it, I mean, not sure how you're getting away with it, but it's cool." I said and Cheryl kissed my cheek. I went back to shooting baskets and they continued practicing. There were a couple of whispers here and there, but I wasn't worried, as long as I got to tell Archie and my dad first.

"So, you're with Cheryl?" Betty asked and I nodded. "Does Archie know?"

"I hope not, I haven't really come out yet." I said and Betty nodded, moving a piece of dark red hair from out of my face. "I'm thinking of coloring it, something unnatural."

"That's cool." She said and Cheryl drove me to the store to get hair dye and then we went to my house. My dad was just starting dinner, so we decided that we would dye it here. We bleached it, getting it almost white and then put the bright purple in it.

"You look hot." Cheryl said kissing me. I heard a knock on the door and jumped away before Archie opened it.

"Dad wanted me to tell you that the Coopers are over and dinner is ready." Archie said and I nodded, walking downstairs with Cheryl. We sat next to each other, a bit closer than everyone else, but nobody had mentioned anything yet.

"So Alex, how are you adjusting?" Mrs. Cooper asked and I shrugged.

"It's a bit difficult, but I've got really great friends to help me." I said and Mrs. Cooper smiled. "I mean, Riverdale is a lot different than Chicago."

"I bet it is." Mr. Cooper said and Cheryl grabbed my hand under the table. "I didn't know that you were friends with Cheryl."

"Yeah, she kind of helped me adjust to everything." I said and Archie gave me a weird look. "I guess, this is a better time than never."

"For what?" My dad asked and I stood up, letting Cheryl's hand go.

"I am gay and in a relationship with Cheryl." I said and Veronica looked surprised. Betty smiled at me, attacking me with a hug and Archie just kind of sat there, not moving. "Betty, this you've known about this."

"I know, but still." Betty said and Archie looked surprised. "Archie are you okay?"

"Yeah." Archie said and I sat down. "So, of all of the girls in Riverdale, you go with Cheryl Blossom?"

"I mean, Josie kind of asked her out without consulting me, but it works. I mean, what are best friends for?" I said and he looked hurt.

"I thought I was your best friend." Archie said and I shrugged. "Well, I support you, no matter who you're dating."

"Thanks bro." I said and I turned to my dad. "So, I'm thinking Chicago looks nice right about now."

"What?" Cheryl asked and I smiled. "No, I just got you into a relationship, you are not moving."

"Okay everyone be quiet for a second." Dad said and I looked up. "Alex, I am proud that you came out and I'm happy you're happy. You'll always be my little girl and for the love of god, Cheryl do not break her heart."

"I won't." Cheryl said and I smiled.

"Sorry I'm late." Jughead said walking in. "Why is it so quiet?"

"Because I came out." I said nonchalantly and he smiled, hugging me. After dinner was less awkward, Betty stayed the night for moral support, and Veronica stayed the night because she could.