Chapter 18: New Beginning ✔️

وَبَشِّرِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ ۖ كُلَّمَا رُزِقُوا مِنْهَا مِنْ ثَمَرَةٍ رِزْقًا ۙ قَالُوا هَٰذَا الَّذِي رُزِقْنَا مِنْ قَبْلُ ۖ وَأُتُوا بِهِ مُتَشَابِهًا ۖ وَلَهُمْ فِيهَا أَزْوَاجٌ مُطَهَّرَةٌ ۖ وَهُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ

25. Wabashshiri allatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati anna lahum jannatin tajree min tahtiha alanharu kullama ruziqoo minha min thamaratin rizqan qaloo hatha allathee ruziqna min qablu waotoo bihi mutashabihan walahum feeha azwajun mutahharatun wahum feeha khalidoona

25. And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will abide therein forever.

The last aya left me speechless. I just couldn't help smiling. Uncle Nour advised that I should start memorizing the holy qur'an and I started. I gave him the first rub'i(one fourth of hizb) today.

"Saqadallahul adheem, Ma sha Allah. It's almost perfect. You just have to work on your tajwid and the corrections I made to you. And keep revising. I think we should stop here and get ready for school," Uncle Nour said. I closed the Qur'an and put it on the shelf close to the window.

Seeing the sun has started rising, I opened the sallah room sidling door enjoying the beautiful weather and view. The sky had this amazing colour, blue with a pinch of orange. It rained yesterday so the weather was a bit cold. From the window I could see our whole compound. Our garden was looking so green and beautiful. There were colorful butterflies on top of some flowers. Many leaves, flowers and a small branch of a tree had fallen because of the heavy rain yesterday.

The leaves on the trees were still wet from the rain. A cool breeze blew the trees making them to dance to a rhythm. I could hear the birds chirping on every tree, the wind howling and some insects making screeching sounds. You know that smell of rain? When rain falls on sand? That beautiful smell combined with that of the flowers, that was what filled my nostrils. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath enjoying the smell and the cool breeze that was coming my way. What a beautiful day? A beautiful new day to start everything afresh.

I took my bath and few minutes later I was in front of my dressing room combing my silky Fulani/Sudan hair. I tied the hair and put my hijab on looking at the beautiful Hijabi girl in front of me. I looked so beautiful even though I didn't wear any make up. Covering my whole body made me feel so beautiful inside out. I brushed my eyebrows with my fingers and put a Vaseline on my lips.

With one more glance at the mirror, I went downstairs. Even though I had just few more months left in secondary school, I bought new uniform yesterday, a very long skirt and a loose shirt. I was going to go to school yesterday but when I wore my old uniform I couldn't go out with it, the skirt was too short and the shirt was so tight that I couldn't even breath.

"So how are you coping after the defeat?" I asked Uncle Nour on our way to school.

"You know you didn't defeat me, I just let you win because I don't want you to cry like you usually do,"