chap|eight

While Kaydence was at daycare Don decided to go ahead and run a few errands. First he went to to get his car detailed then he went to the mall to get him and Kay some new items.

First he went to Barney's and picked up some jeans and a couple of shirts. Then he headed to the children's department and got Kay a few outfits. Lastly he went to Footlocker and bought them a couple of matching shoes.

After leaving the mall he hit up the barber shop to get a shape up. He made sure that he wasn't late picking Kay up from daycare. He didn't know how many times he looked down at his watch checking the time.

It was a little past 2:45 and Don was parked waiting in the parking lot. Don wanted to be the last one in class cause he wanted to talk to Darnell alone. As the clock hit 3:00 Don jumped out and headed into the lobby.

A young girl greeted him and he signed Kaydence out and she buzzed him in. Walking down the hall he finally made it to the doorway and watched Darnell walk around holding Kay in her arms packing up her stuff.

Darnell turned around and saw Don smiling watching them. She was in her own world and didn't here him come in. She chuckled to herself. "What a creep." she thought.

"Look Kaydence look who's here." Giving a fake smile.

When Kaydence saw her dad she started her baby talk and clapping her hands. Darnell handed Kay over to Don and got the rest of her belongings to put them in her bag. When she was done she gave the bag to Don and walked away to grabbing her purse.

"Hey daddy's baby!" Don started kissing all over Kay's face and tickling her stomach.

Darnell made sure everything was in place and cleaned up. She followed Don out her door locking it behind her then heading over to Ms. Sandy's office to tell her she was leaving. After clocking out she made her way out to her car.

Walking out she noticed that Don parked right next to her. Even though she wanted to ignore him she now had to be in close proximity to him since he was buckling Kaydence in.

She made it to her car and waited for Don to finish. Don noticed Darnell standing there and looked her way.

"Your kinda blocking my door."

Don turned around and surely he was in her way.

"My bad."

Don for some reason became nervous being so close to Darnell. He now noticed the small moles she had under her eyes and her plump pink lips.

"Um I was wondering if you free maybe we could hang out?"

Darnell looked up at Don watching him scratch the back of his neck. To be honest Darnell was in complete shock. All the petty little arguments they've had and he wanted to hang out? Weird

Don thought Darnell was taking too long to answer so he figured she was going to say no so he hurried to try and smooth things out.

"You know so I can get to know you better since you are going to be around Kay for a while."

Darnell chuckled at his reasoning. Just this morning he was ready to take her out her class. As she thought more about it she figured what the hell. Even though he was an asshole she could tell he was a great father and not to mention he is fine as hell.

"Okay."

Don looked almost chocked that she said yes. He was hoping she would say yes but he thought for sure she was gonna spas out on him again.

"But" sticking up her finger stopping him from saying anything.

"Under one condition."

Don raised his eyebrows waiting to see what she was gonna say.

"Kaydence has to be with us. I don't trust you alone yet."

It's true Darnell didn't know Don like that but, she didn't really trust herself alone with him either. She could tell Don was a sweet talker and he would find a way right into her bed.

"Aight. I'm coo with that."

They exchanged numbers and Darnell looked in the back door of Don's car seeing Kaydence fast asleep.

"Alright talk to you later?"

"Uh yeah just text me." Darnell said waiving her phone in her hand. They both got into their cars and got situated. Pulling out of the parking lot driving a little Darnell stopped at a red light. She looked down at her phone seeing that it was still on Don's contact info. When she looked at his name she began to laugh. Daddy Don💦. "That boy is a mess."

Darnell exited out of her contacts and went to her iTunes music. Going to her relaxing playlist and pressing shuffle Elliott Trent The First Time stared to play. She was soon in her feelings. "If only life was that simple."