chap|ten

Don sat back and thought about Darnell. He's never taken or been on date with a women before. All the women shes been with have basically been sex buddies. Being in the game he never trusted women cause he knew the weren't loyal and couldn't be trusted.

After having his daughter he cut back a lot on the ladies. He never introduced them to his daughter. Most of them didn't know he had a daughter. Don has never had a girlfriend or even became serious with any woman but, he knew something about Darnell was different.

She already treats her daughter well, teaching and taking care of her. Plus Darnell was different than all the other woman who approached him. They were all easy and really just wanted what Don could buy them, which was nothing. Don wasn't a fool. He worked hard for his money and the only people he spent it on was him and his daughter.

Speaking of Kay, Don switched his tv showing Kay's room were she was wide awake standing up in her crib. Don got up and walked to her room taking her out her bed and bringing her back to his.

He switched the tv to cartoons and laid Kay in the bed. He turned the lights off in his room and got comfortable in the bed. Kay crawled over snuggling up to her daddy with her pacifier in her mouth. Don kissed her forehead and minutes later they were both knocked out.

_

Don woke up the next morning feeling little fingers in his mouth. He opened his eyes seeing Kay looking straight at him laughing a yelling.

"Da da da da da." Followed by more baby talk.

"You think it's funny huh?" He said to her watching her slap his chest.

"Okay okay. I'm up girl." Kay started clapping and grabbed the remote putting it on Don's stomach wanting him to turn the tv on so she could watch it.

Don turned the tv on and watched as Kay laid back and watched the tv. While she was distracted he got up and washed up for the day. When he was done he walked out seeing Kay talking back to Dora like she knew what was really going on. He shook his head and laughed. "That girl something else."

Checking the time, it was going on 10:00. He decided to go ahead and get him and Kay ready for the day since he really didn't know when Darnell was gonna be ready. He went into his closet pulling out some dark wash jeans and a plain white polo shirt. These last couple of days have been a little breezy outside so he grabbed a bomber jacket with his all white adidas.

Once he was dressed he got Kay up and went back into her room. He changed her and made her bath water washing her up also. Taking her out he wrapped her in her towel and put her diaper on her and moisturized her skin with baby lotion. He placed her down on the floor letting her walk around a little.

He went into her closet and saw her jacket that matched his. He decided to go ahead and have them match. He got her a white onesie out and a pair of jeans with her white adidas. Don tried to get her to be still while he dressed her and tried to make the best looking ponytail he could while she moved all over his lap.

Satisfied with how it looked he checked the time on his watch. It was now 11:09 am and he really didn't feel like cooking. He decided to just go get some breakfast at Waffle House. He got Kay's diaper bag ready and headed back to his room to get his wallet and make sure everything was turned off.

He grabbed Kay's hand helping her down the stairs to his white range. He buckled her in and they were on their way. A short drive later they made it to their location and went inside to eat. Don found a clean booth to sit at and allowed Kay to sit in his lap. While he waited on a waitress to come and get his order he got a text from Darnell telling him that she was leaving her appointment. He told her where they were at and she should come have breakfast with them. She agreed and said she was on her way.