chap|thirty-two

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Kaydence, Happy Birthday to you."

Don and Darnell sang to Kaydence as she woke up. Today was the big day, their little princess turned two. Darnell made sure to go all out for her chunky monkey, planning her a grand ballerina themed party while Don cut the check of course.

"Give daddy a kiss boo boo."

Kaydence kissed Don as he held her in his arms. They all made their way to the kitchen where Darnell cooked Kay's favorite breakfast: red velvet waffles, turkey bacon, and eggs.

After breakfast, Darnell moved around the kitchen making sure it was clean since they wouldn't be back until tonight after they changed their clothes for the party.

Darnell still had to take Kay to Naree's salon to get her hair and nails done and Don was heading to the barber shop to get cleaned up.

She looked down at her watch checking the time. She wanted to make sure they were on time for their appointment.

"Babe we gotta go."

"Aight."

Don got Kay and her bag and headed to the garage getting her settled in her car seat in his Bentley Continental.

Darnell locked up the house and waddled to the car. She didn't know how she was gonna get through this day being 6 months pregnant, but Don promised her he would help as much as he could.

After a 20 minute drive Don was pulling up to Naree's salon. Don helped Kay and Darnell out the car walking them into the shop.

"Good morning." Darnell spoke to all the ladies and men in the shop. Don just nodded to everyone.

Darnell rolled her eyes as she saw random woman giving Don googly eyes. She made sure to show all those heffas Don was her man.

"We shouldn't be too long babe, I'll call you when we're almost done okay." Darnell took Kay from Don's arms and leaned into him with her belly leaving a significant space between the two.

"Alright ma show me some love."

Darnell grabbed Don by his beard pulling him into a passionate kiss making sure to swap spit with her man.

The two began getting into the kiss forgetting where they were until they heard somebody clear their throat.

"Um this is my place of business. Don't nobody want to see that nasty shit. Get a room." Naree said with a disgusted look on her face.

Darnell wiped the lip gloss that was now on Don's pink lips. "I'll call you later baby." Darnell assured him.

"Aight ma." Don pecked her lips once more before walking to the salon's door. "Ladies." He spoke as he left. Most of the woman gave flirtatious smiles while others just waived.

"So what we doing for the birthday girl today?" Kay was now sitting in Naree's chair on a booster seat with a hair cape around her.

"I was thinking my little princess would look so beautiful with her hair braided into a half up half down style with some pretty beads and bows." Darnell explained the best she could to Naree how she envisioned Kay's hair for today as she raked through her wild curls.