chap|twenty

"So he was just sitting on your bed when you came out the bathroom?"

"Yep."

"And what did he say?"

Darnell was at Naree's house helping her decorate for her annual Christmas party. Her family members and employees were going to be over Christmas night to eat and exchange gifts.

Darnell stoped hanging lights and looked over at Naree biting her lip. "Basically, that he has some feelings for me."

"And what did you say?" Naree side eyed her. She knew that Darnell had feelings for Don so she had to agree with him.

"That we would be better as friends first and we should just go with the flow."

Naree scrunched up her face. "Are you serious Darnell. You just want to be friends with Don. Nothing more?"

"Not yet at least. I just don't want to rush into anything. I want us to be able to get to know each other first without all the pressure of being in a relationship. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't." She shrugged her shoulders focusing back on her task at hand. Only the future could tell what would happen between her and Don, and Darnell was okay with that.

The girls continued to talk getting Naree's house ready for the party.

Over at Darnell's house, Don was getting ready to head out to do some shopping.

Being able to drive again, Don was always out. He felt like he missed so much in the last month and finally he was able to get things done for himself. Right now he was on his way over to Ashley's house. She wanted Kay to spend the night since she hadn't seen her or Don in a while.

When he pulled up to her house he texted her telling her he was outside. A minute later she was coming out the house towards his car while Don got Kay out the car with her stuff.

"Oh my goodness Kaydence you've gotten so big!" She picked her up giving her kisses all over her face.

She hit Don lightly on his arm. "What's up Don? I see you doing much better. No crutches or casts."

"Yep. Ain't nothin going on Ashley just blessed to be living life."

Nodding her head at his answer, they talked for a few more minutes before saying their goodbyes. Don kissed Kay and got back into his car waiting until they got in the house safely before he left.

As usual he was heading to the club after getting Kay something's for Christmas. First he headed to Toys R Us to get Kay a kitchen set. He saw some other stuff he thought she would like and got those as well.

Next was the mall. He made it there in fifthteen minutes parking and heading to Children's Place first. As he was looking through a rack of clothes his phone rang in his pocket.

He looked down at the screen seeing it was Darnell. He smirked before answering.

"What's up baby girl?"

"Nothing much. Just wanted to see what you was up to."

"At Children's Place getting Kay some clothes and shoes."

"Oh okay. Where is my little angel?"

"She went over to Ashley's for the night." Don sat his phone on his shoulder placing the clothes on the counter. He looked up and the cashier was smiling at him. He looked her up and down giving her a stank look.

"Oh okay so what do you have planned for the day?" Darnell asked.

"Nothing I was heading to the club after this."