chap|thirty-one

"That goes to the master bedroom. You can take the separate stairs up there."

Movers were coming in and out of the house moving everything in. Don and Darnell agreed to give some of their old furniture to a church to help people who didn't have any and to buy new furnisher for the rest of the house.

They had been at it all day and they were now bringing in the little bit of boxes that were left. Darnell sat down to rest after feeling a pain in her back.

"Yo Darnell!" Don yelled coming in with a sleeping Kay in his arms.

"I'm in here donnie." Darnell raked through her hair after taking a sip from her water bottle.

"What I tell you about calling me that shit?"

Don came into the living room and plopped down on the couch next to Darnell slapping her exposed thigh.

"Stop Don."

"You liked it." Don said kissing her cheek then her lips.

Darnell bit her lip. "What if I did?"

"Don't play girl wait till all these people leave."

"Nope. You ain't getting nothing if you keep hitting on me."

"It was a love tap."

"So you love me now?" Darnell rose her eyebrows.

"If I did you would never know."

Darnell sucked her teeth taking Kay out of his arms.

"How was she at Ashley's?"

Don had dropped Kay off at Ashley's while they stayed and got the house together.

He wanted to surprise Kay with her new room they had put together for her. Now that they had most of the house done, tonight was gonna be their first night sleeping in their new house. The process took a good minute but Darnell was happy to see everything coming together.

"She said she was good. She was asking for you all day." Don said rolling his eyes.

"So you jealous now?"

"Never that."

"Whatever so her room is ready for her. I want to show her after dinner."

"Aight."

Don got up after one of the movers came in and told them that they were done. Darnell waited with the movers as Don looked around the house making sure nothing was broken and to see if everything was in its place.

Don came back down satisfied with the house before Darnell payed the movers. It was now late in the afternoon so Darnell decided to go ahead and start on dinner. She didn't want to fix anything extravagant so she decided on tacos with black beans and rice.

Darnell moved around the kitchen getting accustomed to were everything was. Don came in watching her as he always did. He called it admiring, but Darnell called it him being a creep.

Before starting dinner, Darnell changed into her house clothes as she always did everyday.

"Why every time you in the house you ain't ever got any clothes on woman?"