9

August 13, Monday
Year Unknown.

They took the test. Louis knows who the father is and he didn't know what to do. Of course the right thing to do is call him. So he decides to do just that.

So when he gets home with his mum he does. He is on the couch, one hand in his hair and the other one holding the phone to his ear.

Ring....Ring..Ring...Ri-

"Hello?" The voice with the strong accent sounds, making Louis jump slightly on his spot on his couch.

"I....It's me...You know, Louis..Um, We need to talk." Louis says, closing his eyes and waiting for the response.

"Why?"

"I don't...I can't tell you this over the phone." Louis says, realistically setting up the plan in his head.

"How important is this?"

"Like, really, really important." Louis says, rubbing his scalp with the pad of his fingers.

"Well, I can stop by tomorrow morning, yes?"

"If you don't mind." Louis murmurs, sniffling slightly.

"How are you?"

"I'm- Well I'm actually really shitty right now, I need you." Louis admits shamefully.

"Louis I-"

"Please, I need you, I need to tell you." Louis begs, bottom lip trembling.

"Okay, Alright, I'll be there, please calm down, okay? I'm sorry for everything."

"Okay just promise me something?" Louis asks, voice cracking.

"I'll be there soon."

"I lov-"

Dial Tone

Louis just sits there for a moment before blinking and placing his phone on the table in front of him.

The couch dips next to him and he already knows it's his mother.

"Was that him?" She asks, placing a hand on his back and rubbing softly.

"Yeah, it was, he's coming over, I couldn't say it over the phone." Louis whispers, shaking his head.

"I'll put something in the oven..but I have work tonight, is that okay? Do you want me to take off?" She asks, removing her hand and blinking at her son.

"No, it's fine, we need privacy to talk about this anyways." Louis murmurs, rubbing his eyes lazily.

"Yeah, I understand that, just be careful, put your shield up..because there are so many reactions that one person can have when told that they are going to be a father."Jay says, knowing herself because of past events that she has dealt with herself.

Louis sits there for a moment, nodding slowly and then he lifts his head to look at his mother, "What was dads? When you told him?"

"He didn't believe me." She starts, letting out a breath, "But, when, not when..but after I gave birth to you he got a DNA test, but he said he knew you were his the moment he first laid eyes on you." Jay explains when a fond smile on her face as she relives the memory in her head.

Louis just sits with a blank face, trying to think about the memory, even if he was so young that he can't. When Louis fails, he speaks, "I miss him."

"I know, me too baby, I think about him everyday, he was such a goof man. He loved us so much." Jay says, sighing softly as Louis's eyes grow tearful.

"I should've-"

"No. Stop that, for the last time Louis, It was not your fault, it would've happened either way." Jay scolds, hating that Louis thinks that way.

"Okay." He whispers, pressing his lips in a thin line and looking off, over at a picture of one of his cousin that is on the shelf next to some books.

"I'll go make dinner now, maybe go freshen up a bit?" Jay suggests, "You'll feel better." She adds.

"Okay, yeah, sounds good." He agrees, pecking her cheek before getting up and walking up stairs to his restroom.

Time passes and Louis is out of the shower, hair blow dried to a soft feathered texture with light makeup on his features.

He gets dressed in a crop top with some of his comfortable leggings; he knows he isn't dressed up nicely, but he wants to be comfortable and try not to scare him away before he is told that he has a kid.

A fucking kid.

Louis takes one last glance in the body mirror and then makes his way down and stairs where his mother is slipping on her shoes.

"Feel better?" She asks when she looks up, standing up straight and grabbing her purse.

"Yeah, a bit." Louis says, nodding along with his statement.

"Okay, goodie, I put pizza in the oven and I put the kettle on the stove, is that enough?" She asks, "I want to make sure you are alright before I go."

"Yes Mum, really that's enough." Louis says, laughing breathlessly. He doesn't think it's funny though.

"Okay baby, I love you." She coos, pecking his lips and then patting his shoulder, "I'll see you in a little while!"

"Okay Mum, toodles." He says and watches her leave the house.

He waits until her car is gone and out of sight to go into the kitchen.

When Louis checks the pizza to see how done it's crust is a knock erupts at the door, making him jump away, the stove door slamming to a firm shut.

Knock...Knock...Knock

Louis dusts himself off, taking a moment to steady his wild breathing before going to the door and wrapping his slender fingers around the knob.

He takes a few seconds to build up the courage to twist it open and reveal the boy he had just talked to on the phone.

The father of his baby. He thinks, he can't even speak, he's just staring at him, unsure of what to say.

The boy- ,man, really, smiles and steps in, slipping his shoes off and then turns to Louis, blinking at him, "Are you okay, love?"

And Louis knows then that this is the one, no matter who or what passes him in life, that he is the one. No one else can make him feel the way he does.

Louis takes a moment before nodding and letting a smile break out onto his face.

Harry.