Then I Meet Her Amazing Bestie

Excerpt:

I gasped. "So you're a blood sucker?"

She sighed and lifted off her helmet. "Sweetheart, I enjoy biting during foreplay and actual sex," I swallowed, climbing off the bike. "But I'd never draw blood."

"You never answered my question," she got off and tossed her hair around. "Are you or are you not a vampire?"

"I've marked you, by the way," she began walking towards the house and I followed with wide eyes, "in case you didn't notice. Two places. On your inner right thigh and just upon your right hip. Right here," I was shown through her clothes.

______________________________________________________________________________

We had lunch on the Rooftop Lounge of the Hudson Terrace.

Two hours filled with complete awe and private conversation.

Honestly, from the way the staff greeted her along the way whilst coming up, I knew that she was most likely a regular. Probably coming up here to enter meetings with rich and powerful men. Because just in the conference room below the terrace, there was a gathering of some sort. And one of the guys recognized her. So whilst they struck up a conversation, I had a chance to gaze out through the glass windows and see New York from another angle.

Tall skyscrapers, a slice of the Hudson River. Remembering La Marina and hoping we'd go there again. All of it left me in awe.

So you can just imagine my reaction when we finally moved upstairs and the table was shown to us. She sat in the corner next to the wall and I opposite her. Both of us had a clear view of the skyline just outside the terrace. The view was amazing.

An open area. Light wind caressing the place. Overlooking New York during the midday rush. Sitting on the softest pair of caramel colored leather cushions in this secluded corner. Because the area wasn't really occupied. It was supposed to be rented out for private functions. But Regina apparently knew the owner, a man by the name of Larry Fitz from high school. And after making just one call as it seemed, she managed to get what was desired. Friends with benefits.

I was wearing this black pants suit with a green shirt. My hair was tied back into a ponytail, spectacles tucked down the front of my shirt. Whilst she had on one of her killer outfits. This red skirt suit with a black shirt. And oh did the red jacket and red skirt look gorgeous on her. In fact, anything could. With the way she had her shirt buttoned up fully, Regina appeared really like a powerful CEO. She sat like one too, back stiff as a poker, black choppy hair styled to perfection and well-manicured nails.

Is it possible to fall in love more and more every time you meet someone?

"I told them it would actually be a great idea," I sipped some water as she leaned forward slightly. "You and me tagging along to Miami."

"Emma, right now it is too much," her husky voice fluttered my heart. She reached for her glass of red wine and sipped. "I'd like us to have as much time by ourselves as possible."

"Same," I smiled.

"Added to that, there will be time for us to travel, don't worry. I would like to take you to so many places. To share experiences with you." She blinked at me slowly. "Have I told you how stunning you look today?"

"Only like a million times," I felt my cheeks grow warmer. I was smiling like an ass. "You are the definition of sexy, by the way. Everything about you."