Here's The Beginning From Her Side

Regina Mills

May 19th, 2013

It was pointless.

The continuous ringing of the phone to my right that would never cease. Had I snatched the godforsaken man-made device and tossed it onto the wall then they'd obviously try to sue me for damages. But the nuisance was becoming quite a headache and I simply couldn't muffle my nerves anymore. So snatching a bottle of Advil, I was about to twist the cap off when Lucas knocked.

Of course it would be her. The tall brunette that served as my Personal Assistant and had filled the post for over seven years now. Her attitude to life could be quite nonsensical at times. But the plain truth was that no one could handle the job as efficiently and effectively as her. Very tall and lanky, her stature very suitable to become a model if so desired. But Lucas had other plans. And staying out of the spotlight whilst harassing the ticking second out of me was her mission at Dazzle.

"The files you requested," she rested another pile of paperwork upon my desk. As if the four other ones weren't enough already.

I stared at them and waited, lips pursed, hands folded upon my neatly arranged desk.

"Oh don't sit there and act all dumb," her rudeness had grown on me. Like a piercing, the aching had subdued over the years.

"What files are these?"

"The files containing your nudes," and widening her eyes at me, I was mocked. "Geez, the applications you wanted me to get. I went through the 100 as you oh so requested and narrowed them down to 50."

"And I'm supposed to sift through 50 additional paperwork to retrieve a suitable candidate?"

"You're the boss," she folded her arms. "Not me."

"Look," reaching up, aching fingers rubbed at my right temple, eyes lowered, "narrow the heap down to 15 and return it to me this afternoon."

"Happy searching," and without another word, the idiotic but highly motivated excuse of an assistant I had strode out my office.

I was left with a ringing telephone, five piles of paper and my wedding ring staring at me from the bottom of a glass of water. My only wish was to bake the damn thing into his favorite dish comprising of meat balls and watch him choke on it. The amount of times I had thought up of ways to murder him without anything leading back to me. A possible overdose of sleeping tablets or knocking him unconscious, and shipping his ass off halfway across the word. Into the Amazon jungle among a tribe of rebels.

My chest was on fire because I knew he was sleeping with someone. I knew it. And that's why the phone was snatched up after ringing for four hours.

I listened.

"Finally," even his voice sickened my stomach now. "Let's have the conversation. I have time."

"You have time," I sassed, "to do your dirty deeds behind my back."

"What are you talking about?" he honestly sounded dumb. "Are you seriously accusing me of infidelity?"

"Yes."

Robin sighed. Picturing him in that office in Los Angeles wasn't hard to do because my return to New York had only been last night. We had dinner last evening at a fancy restaurant. He buttered me up with words and then disappeared a quarter past six to attend a private function with his friends. Upon calling the wife of one of these friends, I was told that her husband had flown out of the country that morning. So that forced me to do one thing and only one thing. I got my P.I to tail him.