Then Killian Brings Us Back Together

Excerpt:

I planted myself right where the situation made me feel so dominant and when she lowered herself onto the red carpet, the distance was closed even further.

"Emma." Eyelashes fluttered when she gazed up at me, dark hair fanning out.

"Can I kiss you?" Our lips were half an inch apart and parted, warm breath kissing my face.

Her chest heaved uncontrollably and we fitted so perfectly together, legs entwined already. "Yes."

Moving in, I captured her mouth and tasted the sweetness of Bourbon.

________________________________________________________________________________

For fifteen minutes, we moved through traffic as the A.C cooled me down. Playing the boss of me, huh? Well I'd show her. Having me abducted? I had rights and we weren't talking to each other. So why was I obligated to meet her anywhere?

The Grand Piano

Seriously, that was the name of the place. In gold letters plastered across a red sign on the fifth floor, the restaurant was really grand. I counted more than fifty floors before my eyes began to turn and then Mario patted me on my arm. I was shown the interior, lighted with gold and containing red cushioned chairs, food being served by waiters dressed in black.

I remembered that much about the place and the fact that it was really cozy looking from the outside, very cozy looking. But from the time Killian's face beamed at me from the inside, something changed inside. It was like wave swallowed me up when I caught him sitting there, dressed in a simple red and black plaid shirt and black jeans. The presence of a friend can work wonders for certain situations, can't it? But the fear of not knowing where she was or what happened to her, it kind of made me jumpy.

When he came out to greet me, I was washed over with worry and couldn't stop.

We embraced and I inhaled his Old Spice aftershave.

"Mate, what took you so long?" my face was studied as I was held back within his arms.

"I kind of took my precious time coming."

"Emma," he carefully brushed my hair behind both ears and sighed. "Why all the unnecessary strain and bouts of silence?"

"I guess she didn't fill you in then?" I still checked for any sight of her behind him.

"No, she didn't. I was invited here only without elaboration."

It wasn't a problem to me, in fact, it was totally okay because whenever the two of us were together as of recent, the conversation ended up somewhere hurtful. And to have someone else there for a change, I could feel myself becoming relaxed already.

"And as it seems, you two still have trouble in paradise."

"Yeah, yeah," I shrugged. "You don't know the half of it."

"I'll tell you this before we venture inside," he leaned in, the wind swirling around us was cool, "she means well. All of us are flawed. In her situation, the past has altered a beautiful angel. Now quite broken, she still puts her heart back together to love you, most entirely."

I stared up at his face and said nothing.

"I don't know what happened but believe me, everything will unfold nicely."

Hoping so, our footsteps led indoors. Just when it was confirmed by me that a table would be taken downstairs, this old guy dressed in red gestured for us to enter an elevator. Up, up we went, approximately fifteen floors above, and when the doors rolled open, my eyes had to be given time to welcome in the change of setting.