s i x |» Just my family.

My whole family was sitting in the living room, basically waiting for me to come home. I sighed quietly, avoiding to look at anyone.

"Where have you been?" My dad asked sternly.

"Detention?" I responded quickly, still not looking up.

Dear God, don't let him ask why.

"At first day in school?"

"Yup, I had a rough time with my Chemistry teacher." I let my bag slip to the ground.

Erik laughed and John chuckled slightly. Nick was busy tiping something into his phone.

My dad raised an eyebrow but fortunately he didn't dig further.

"Nick! Put your phone away. This is serious." Erik growled after a while of awkward silence and the constant buzzing of my younger brother's phone.

"My arse."

"Nick!" Dad was almost screaming. "Put this thing away now or I will destroy it with my bare hands. And don't dare me on this one."

My dad hated everything that had to do with technology. Mainly, because he didn't understand it. (A fact Erik pointed out way too often which led to dad glaring at him with this I-knew-how-to-operate-a-vinyl-player-before-you-were-born-so-shut-the-fuck-up-face.) Nick simply shrugs his shoulders. And I found myself wondering about his rude behaviour once again.

How could he have become like this? Everyone of us has had a hard time after Mum died had. But we have sticked together. And we have made it through. Kind of. But Nick just blocked all of us. It did hurt him the most. He had always been her baby boy, the youngest male in the family. But now she is was gone. And Nick had changed so much. I couldn't recognize the old him. The nice Nick. The Nick that used to watch American Idol and sing the auditioning songs with me. Now you were only able to see him outside his room when he went to school or had supper.

I had thought that in this new town he might try to make some new friends. That it might be better here.

Oh, how awfully wrong I had been.

I shighed again and sat down on the couch between Erik and John. At least, they didn't change at all. Which is good. I couldn't have lived without the bossy Erik or John who was always there for me. Whatever you needed, he would help you with it.

"I'm going up to my room." Nick groaned and tried to stand up.

"No, you won't." Dad's voice was dangerously calm. "You'll stay here. Because you are a part of this family too. I hope you do understand this."

Nick looked up to him and I could see the anger on his face. But there also was something else. A pain that lit up in his eyes. And I found myself feeling sympathy for him. It wasn't easy for neither of us.

"Please, Dad, I think he has a good reason to leave." I smiled at Nick, trying to ease out the tension.

He didn't even look me. I sighed again, furrowing my eyebrows. Idiot.

"Nick!" John piped up. This was totally going the wrong way. "Your sister just tried to help you. At least you could give her a sign that you noticed her."

Nick shrugged his shoulders again.

"Leave him." Erik finally said after a while of awkward silence. "It doesn't matter. Nick's just a wa-"

Dad shot him a glare and Erik shut his mouth immediatly. Our father then eyed up his youngest son with a last stern look and then he faced me.

"Erid told me you have seen werewolves today."

"Well, I talked to them and actually they seemed pretty nice." I respond quickly.

I didn't want my dad to make a big deal out of this. Scott was nice. And he seemed well, peaceful.

Dad laughed coldly. "Werewolves are never nice. They kill people. They are murderers."

"But we are hunters. Werewolves are humans most of the time. So we kill people too. We are murderers too." I said, annoyed by dad's reason for spilling so much blood.

I didn't understand why he hated werewolves so much. Erik did it too sometimes but mostly, we children didn't want to see the whole world full of danger and hate.

Erik's last girlfriend was a werewolf. Of course, they had to dae secretly but...

And back in England, from where we had moved here, the werewolves were way more brutal than here. The werewolves here were ... nice?

"WEREWOLVES ARE NO PEOPLE!" Dad screamed and everyone jerked up. "They are monsters! They-"

"But Scott is not like that!" Now I was starting to get really angry. Dad always generalized everything.

"Scott?"

Oh, oh, bullocks.

"Emma. Who is Scott?" Dad gave me another one of his stern looks, suddenly sounding way more interested.

"No one. I just... um... I... forget it!" I groaned angrily, grabbed my back and then I stomped up the stairs to my room.

After storming inside, I slammed the door behind me. Why did Dad always have to be so old fashioned and uptight? Not every werewolf was evil. Of course, we had made some pretty bad experiences with some of them. But most I had met in England were nice and, well, human. I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in. Well, if you're not my Dad!" I said, flopping down onto my bed.

John stepped in and closed the door behind him carefully. Then he sat down on the bed next to me.

"Don't take it personally, baby girl. You know dad had some serious trouble with werewolves and he doesn't like thinking of them in a good way. It's easy to hate somebody. Way more easier than to actually give someone a chance. And also, he hasn't got this direct contact to them, you know? I mean, dad does only see them changed at hunt. Not like us. In school when they seem like normal teenagers." He tried to explain, fiding with the hem of my bed sheets.

"Yes, I know. But-"

"Be patient." My brother cut me off. "He'll see some day. And I think he won't go hunting soon. At first he has to find out who actually is a werewolf in this town. Which will take him much longer than you because he hasn't got your magical abracadabra-powers." He grinned. "You just have to calm down. You can't change dad's mind that easy and you know that. Just... -be patient. And don't make him angry again. Just, no."

I smiled whilst nodding.

John was right. Dad had his own ways. He was incredibly stubborn and neurotic. And what he saidbwas law. Literally.

John grinned a little wider. "Is the world a better place now?"

"Much better." I admitted, taking a deep breath.

John always knew how to cheer me up. And even if it was just by talking to me. He said the right words.

"Well then, I'm going to try to get Nick of his bloody phone that won't stop buzzing with messages. Probably from that girl from Glasgow." He said, standing up, winking at me and walking out of my room.

I laid back on my bed.

Tomorrow, I would have to find out more about the other werewolves like Isaac and the twins. And I had to know about what Kira was. But I didn't know how I was able to manage that.

Yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

...woooh new chapter...

...hope you liked it and thanx for reading and yeah...

...dont forget to vote, comment and follow...

...love u guys...

Ria xx